patches for g3x

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: patches for g3x

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:42 am

I am just getting started (again) after a 50 year break (don't ask!) and am currently using a Nux Mighty plug headphone amp, (Very impressed) so that I don't annoy anyone (her indoors) and have found that factory preset No 5 is a bit "Shadowy"! Anybody else using one of these and have any similar "patches" ? ( I have no idea what a patch is, by the way but I presume that it is some kind of preset effects?) :roll: I told you that I was new to this didn't I! :D
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Postby dave robinson » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:48 pm

I'll investigate the Nux mighty Plug Amp and try to find out its capabilities. :)

I just had a quick look at a few demos on YouTube and it does look like it has the capability to work as a practice tool for our needs, there is a clean sound with delay and although it won't be what the discerning Hank type player would instantly recognise as the typical Meazzi echo, it will do a decent job.
I'm looking at the specs to try and find out what the editing possibilities are on the effects, but I won't hold my breath.
It does however model the Vox AC30 as well as Fender Twin, DeLuxe Reverb, Marshall, Roland etc. It seems to be a decent piece of kit.
I still have a couple of the NU-X Space Echo pedals and they are very good. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby dave robinson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:03 am

I saw this latest version of the NU-X and bought one. It's a no brainer.

https://youtu.be/eeerIHccqtQ
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby TimRyland » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:27 am

Hi Dave,

I’ll be interested in your take on this unit. I’ve recently looked at the Mighty Plug Pro as I’m on holiday next month and it seemed the ideal unit to take away with me.

Tim.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby dave robinson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:09 pm

I did have the Vox Amp Plug and it was OK but not enough editing facilities. The NU-X has put that right with the APP.
I'm looking forward to playing with it, should be here tomorrow. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:50 pm

dave robinson wrote:I did have the Vox Amp Plug and it was OK but not enough editing facilities. The NU-X has put that right with the APP.
I'm looking forward to playing with it, should be here tomorrow. :)

I'm still getting to grips with the Nux mighty plug (not the Pro version, by the way, which I now realize is a much better beast, and better phone app, as it does more) and as I am a beginner in these things, I'm slowly plodding my way around!!! I've downloaded a free sound editing programme (Audacity) and managed to get a backing track onto it and (after much to and fro) got my Nux/Burns guitar to record via the USB/mini USB on the Nux to the USB port of my PC, whilst hearing it through my headphones. Wowser! For a technophobe like me, I was impressed with myself. I had to do a bit of twiddling with the programme, allowing this and that but it worked. Whether I will remember what I did tomorrow is another matter!
This Youtube video about using Audacity, is very helpful (for a technophobe like me) and in numpty language that even I could understand!
Video:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzJ2VyYkmaA
No doubt there will be better alternatives but I am finding my way around and at 72, it's a tall task!
Mike
Shadbarmy1

Postby dave robinson » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:56 am

Well it isn't a competition Mike so just enjoy what you have and rejoice in understanding it and that you are getting pleasure from your music.
Thanks for the heads up on this product, I'm still playing professionally in my band at 75 but I love new innovation and can't resist joining in. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:05 am

I'm certainly "enjoying" myself, even though it has been like treacle swimming! :D I've had three "careers" before having to retire on health grounds but feel sure that I could have enjoyed a career in music, had I been given the opportunity! In hindsight, I should have put my foot down when I had the "itch"! My school pushed me towards a career in woodwork/metalwork but my parents would have none of it (it didn't have an 'ology in those days) and I ended up in surveying, then transport management, then teaching (woodwork and metalwork - ha ha! - now called technology!!!).

I hope that you get on with the Nux (my missus loves it!).

Give my regards to Yorkshire (my home county).
Shadbarmy1

Postby dave robinson » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 pm

Having played with the Mighty Plug Pro for a few hours I can confirm that it is easy to use and various very pleasing Hank sounds can easily be programmed in using the Vox & Matchless Amps with Delay and Reverb and I'd be happy to gig with it even though the echoes can't be replicated as there isn't the facility of four heads, but I could do a job with it if that's all I had.
The sound quality on all effects is amazingly top notch and I'm pleased at I found it to add to my options for performing. What more can I say than I would recommend it to like minded people who enjoy the wonderful technology at our disposal. It does require a little knowledge and effort from the player, so that said , if you want everything on a plate and numbered, I'd give it a miss. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby TimRyland » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:10 pm

Hi Dave,

Pleased to see you liked it. I took a chance on it, knowing I could return it, and mine arrives tomorrow. I’ve already downloaded the app onto my phone and am impressed by the number of effects and amps available.

Looks like I may have a nice holiday now, especially if it rains. :D :D

Tim.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"