Foot Tapper

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Foot Tapper

Postby nivramarvin » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:39 pm

Some questions about Foot Tapper, technically one of the more difficult pieces for me.

I'm looking for a suitable delay setting. At the end I think I hear a long delay (1/4 bars or 333 ms), but there also seems to be a kind of doubling effect, maybe a very short delay? Neck- or middle Pickup? (I would prefer the Neck-PU).

I found different versions in my library (besides the live versions). On my LP "Best of the Shadows" the piece starts with a single snare strike, another version starts with a drum roll on the snare and ends with a fade-out.
nivramarvin

Full Real Name: Wolfgang Hefele

Re: Foot Tapper

Postby roger bayliss » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:22 pm

The delay is provided by an Echomatic 2 mostly head 4 at around 360ms. Not too high a level and few repeats.
I use neck pu and the so called Burns era setting on a Vox Top Boost amp. Use EQ pedal to knock the top end off and a little bottom end. A compressor pedal also helps this sound I find.

The doubling effect is because the main verses are double tracked.

HTH
Last edited by roger bayliss on Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Yes it's there to hear when Hank stops the note and Roger is correct, it's the double tracking that gives it the sound.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:54 pm

There was a French version also done of FT along with English one , so that's at least 2 versions. Maybe the one for the film was also different as it was likely mastered differently at least.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby nivramarvin » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:37 pm

Thank you both. Now all I have to do is practice and find a suitable fingering for the muted part.
nivramarvin

Full Real Name: Wolfgang Hefele

Return to How To Get "That Sound"