Zoom G1x0n patches

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Zoom G1x0n patches

Postby stick_dog » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:12 pm

Hi Everyone

Would anybody still have the patches available for the Zoom G1x0n at all please.

Thank you very much

Rob
stick_dog

Full Real Name: Rob Higgins

Re: Zoom G1x0n patches

Postby dave robinson » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:23 pm

If anyone has these patches would they be kind enough to take the tine to share them with others please.
I have had enquiries for them and I always direct them here. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Teflon » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:36 pm

The link here has a number of patches, including for the Zoom GX1 Four, which may (or may not!) be compatible with the Zoom G1 x0n: http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18036

If anyone has copies of Daves patches specifically for the G1x0n (or any other device not already listed), if you could let me have a copy, Ill add them to the listing.

Cheers,

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby dave robinson » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:18 am

My apologies I got it wrong with the model, it's the G1 Four that I was asked about.
Back at the time I made these patches, I originally made them for the Zoom G3 and then after giving them to folks I was asked about other Zoom models. I bought a Zoom G5n and G1xon and was loaned a G1 Four, all of which I made patches for and gave away here to people on this site. At the time I based the patches on the findings from my TVS3 and Meazzi Echomatic. I still use my Zoom G5n today when gigging or playing around my studio or home.
The reason I asked people to share the patches was because I no longer needed all the different variants of these pedals and when I had finished putting the patches together, I sold them on, keeping my G5n. Annoyingly each machine is slightly different to another and they are not compatible re the patches. I would have to re learn how to programme the ones I no longer have, which is why I asked people who had benefitted from my work to help others if asked.
That's it really, I just wanted to let folks know why I don't want to be involved in distribution of my own work, as the only machine I still understand how to programme is my G5n.
It isn't that difficult to do, so I do recommend anyone who has a G3 / G1 Four / G1xon etc to learn how it works and get the best from it, using my work as a template if need be. Once you get your head around it you'll wonder why you thought it was so difficult. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:04 am

Is there any way my Zoom G3 and all the other variants could be put in a place somewhere in the archives where people can download them should they wish to do so, as I am not providing them from my email address as I no longer have any interest in those machines. I'm far too occupied with other stuff to be answering these requests as I have far more important things to worry about these days.
Any help would be vastly appreciated.
Dave
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby JimN » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:28 am

I would suggest that an easy answer would be to upload the files to the very useful (and accommodating) file-sharing site: http://www.mega.nz

The files can then be accessed by anyone who has the URL of the folder in which they are located.

You only need to place that URL in a thread here and it will be available to anyone who wishes to download the files.

Here's an example - an URL which gives access to part of my Mega folder which contains cleaned up copies of every back-copy of EMI's "Record Mail" that Dave Holbrook was able to get his hands on. This gives access to the February 1962 edition.

https://mega.nz/folder/AN8QjYqa#2DJQZqboN0pE9X4OlhUEbw
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Teflon » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:52 pm

dave robinson wrote:Is there any way my Zoom G3 and all the other variants could be put in a place somewhere in the archives where people can download them should they wish to do so, as I am not providing them from my email address as I no longer have any interest in those machines..........
Dave

They're already available Dave if you recall: http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18036

I think the issue is that the thread gets lost amongst all the other posts over time - perhaps it could be made a "sticky" so it's always near the top for those in need of the patches?

Cliff
Teflon

Postby dave robinson » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:00 pm

Teflon wrote:
dave robinson wrote:Is there any way my Zoom G3 and all the other variants could be put in a place somewhere in the archives where people can download them should they wish to do so, as I am not providing them from my email address as I no longer have any interest in those machines..........
Dave

They're already available Dave if you recall: http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18036

I think the issue is that the thread gets lost amongst all the other posts over time - perhaps it could be made a "sticky" so it's always near the top for those in need of the patches?

Cliff

Are the G1xon files there, I've found them and could post them for you to add if needed.
Dave
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Teflon » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:07 pm

Hi Dave, G1xon are missing, so yes, if you could pop them over I'll get them added :) e-mail is cdbradley@ntlworld.com

Cheers,

Cliff
Teflon

Return to How To Get "That Sound"