Sliders Vintage Classic pickups

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Sliders Vintage Classic pickups

Postby dave robinson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 am

These Sliders pickups are really excellent but I have to wonder about the high cost after more recently discovering some British built pickups for £26.99 from a firm called ironstone in Rutland. A bit of difference to shelling out £200, though like I said they stand along side the Abigail Y'Barra specialy wound jobbies on the Fender 1954 Anniversary reissue.
That said, the Sliders are marginally better sounding and responsive than the Ironestone Golds', but I bet there aren't many who will hear the difference, let alone tell them apart. I struggle to hear the difference between quite a few of my Strats' these days. I guess it's because I have achieved the set up and amp tone that I am happy with. The main thing is that I enjoyed the journey and am now exploring my Gretsch & Gibson guitars and enjoying the texture of their wonderful sounds, along with my three Burns models and the Epiphone Riviera, mandolin and five string banjo - I'm a truly happy 42 carat plonker these days . . . . . . Happy days.
:lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"