Pod2

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Pod2

Postby clivea » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 am

I have noted that quite a few people use a Line6 Pod 2.0.
What is this used for and what are its advantages? Is it predominently for recording or is it used with EFTP plus additional sound effects through an amp? Rgds - Clive
clivea

Full Real Name: T Clive Aspinall

Re: Pod2

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:17 pm

I own a PODxt which is the next version up and it basically is an amp simulator replacing an amplifier and you can plug it through a PA or a HiFi etc to get the sound amplified or just practise with headphones. It has a good sim of the AC30/AC15 as well as the Matchless DC30 and Fender and Marshall amps as well and onboard effects but no multitap delay. I would recommend if buying to buy one with the amp models you want and I think the PODxt is better than the POD 2 and the PODX3 even better. The real advantage is having so many different amps to pick from and no weight to carry around... :D Not quite as good as real Valve amp but very good overall. You can use your echo unit with one as well.

HTH
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby noelford » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:42 pm

I use a Pod XTL, modeling an AC15, which goes to a 50W Atomic (valve) power amp. However, because you can't have EFTP on a pod (no multi-tap) I also have an Alesis Quad GT with EFTP in the chain. The sound is awesome.
noelford

Postby clivea » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your advice,

Rgds - Clive
clivea

Full Real Name: T Clive Aspinall

Postby Tigerdaisy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 am

I have a Pod 2 and you can get a reasonable 'Shadows' sound from it. I've found the Matchless amp simulator best and tends to give more bite from bass strings. The delay/compression effect gives quite a good sound. Trouble with Line 6 is that they don't seem to have a good reputation for reliability and indeed my first Pod (the original Pod) soon developed a fault in one of the parameters so that was quickly sold. I also have a Boss GT10 which is very tweakable and reliable - I'm about to try the settings advised elsewhere on this forum. I'm awaiting delivery of the Eventide delay pedal which I hear has very good sonic quality.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Return to How To Get "That Sound"