Blue Star -- eTAP with W&F

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Blue Star -- eTAP with W&F

Postby Bojan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks Mike, I'm glad you like the eTAP2 . . . Piet is making a hardware version of the eTAP and I can't wait to hear how it sounds!!
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby Detailed Infinity » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:41 pm

As Bojan and myself have the PSP608 VST plugin it's a toss-up which is the better sounding. Again Piet has multitap patches for loading into the preset banks. Check the system out. Stereo panning-reverb-8 taps-modulation-EQ and so on. I use both PSP for detailed work and eTAP for easier on the fly work. Both as good as each other but in different ways. Try the PSP Lexicon 48 & Lexicon 84 great sounds on echo stuff.

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/delays/psp_608_multidelay/
Detailed Infinity

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Absolutely right Bri !! :)
Bojan

Postby PeterV » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 am

Great to see eTap2 being used!

The main reason why this free unit was designed was due to the inability of the PSP unit to have artifacts like tape and valve directly available in the unit. The eTap2 is featured with a range of vintage artifacts making it very unique and is an improvement over the patch-programmed hardware units we all know. Remember that all patches developed for hardware are all limited to the very limited capabilities of all the hardware units because they never were designed to emulate vintage gear!

My hardware eTap2 project is on it's way now. I'm in the final stage of DSP programming. Timing is directly related to the weather. It's a winter or rain project :)

To, eventual, track status,get detailed info or better communicate, check my blog http://www.echotapper.nl/wp/

Piet
PeterV

Postby Bojan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 am

You are right Piet, at first I used the psps608 because I did not notice that the artifacts in the eTAP were actually working, which I reported to you, if you remember. But the moment you took care of the artifacts problem and they started functioning, I went over to using the eTap2 and never looked back! :)

As for the eTap2 hardware project, it's great that you have been so transparent and are allowing everyone to follow your work, comment, and take part in the production process. However, I 'm sure that the vast majority of us Shadows "freaks" are not very technically-minded and are just waiting to see and hear the results!! :thumbup:
Bojan

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

Me too I want to get one of your units Piet as I am sure it will be as good as the software you designed ! Not long now we hope ! :)
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby PeterV » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Bojan,Roger,

Being transparent already functioned, there are people presently also designing exciting echo gear. As I'm in now way commercial sharing inner workings (based on non-disclosure) is key to get it available to a wider group. I know that at least 4-5 designers like me are also waiting to get my DSP code in other designed gear.So, I'm sure affordable gear that will function to your liking will be available rather soon and could be also used when the old stuff is end-of-life.

Piet
www.echotapper.nl/wp
PeterV

Postby Detailed Infinity » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:42 pm

http://www.4shared.com/audio/F21jHeca/Meazzi_Echomatic_2_RB.html

Recorded dry then into a VST amp modeler then eTAP Engineer set to the Meazzi finishing chain with a compresor . Why spend hundreds on hardware when you can do this for free.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/1SzO2spQ/Louise.html Louise is using the PSP608 but using the delays not multitapping

Anyone want the dry lead and backing to RB then let me know.

Bri
Detailed Infinity

Postby Detailed Infinity » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi again Piet, A great Canadian guitarist Ed Cunningham likes the eTAP Engineer sound. Comments from him below.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1413943&t=6409

It's an original as Sony insists & I have to submit that fact in writing prior to posting.

Bri
Detailed Infinity

Postby Strummer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi Bojan

I have hust listened to your rendition of Blue Star using eTap. May i say, "Congratulations" it was beautiful.

I have just been learning that one, but, I do not have any "effects" like that. i have just found out about eTap as well, so, I will be downloading it and 'having a go' soon.

Again, well done sir, very, very Hank like.

Arthur
Strummer

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"