Midifiles / Shadows tunes

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Midifiles / Shadows tunes

Postby hansaustria » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Does anyone have usable midifiles ( used for recording backingtracks ) for Shadows tunes.
A friend of me is a solo entertainer and he wants me that I do now and again a Shadowsperformance
with him.
Well programmed midifiles are to be got very hard at the market.

Hans
hansaustria

Full Real Name: Johann Wolfgang Schmotz

Re: Midifiles / Shadows tunes

Postby Didier » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 am

Several years ago a retired doctor named Chart Chai Mee Sang Nin posted a lot of self made midi files, many of the for Shadows' tunes. I must still have them in my files. If you want them, send me a PM with your email address.
But there are many backing tracks available which sound much better than midi files, including a few ones with various combinations on instruments (for example without lead and without rythm guitar).

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby peter roest » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Hello Hans,

Maybe i can help you. I have an original book with floppy, The Shadows interactive Midi music diskette by IMP ltd 1994 . The book contains the music and chords, the diskette contains Midi arrangements of Apache, Cavatina, FBI, Foot Tapper, Geronimo, Riders in the Sky, Guitar Tango, Kon-Tiki and Wonderful Land. Also I have ( ever bought in Sweden) and Roland CDbox containing a Roland GS standard Midi File diskette of the Ventures. Wipe out, Pipeline, Diamond head, Walk,don't run'64, Slaughter on 10th avenue, Apache, the house of the rising sun and Caravan.
I have ordered in Holland an USB diskette station, because my computers don't have diskette stations. When I get the the stuff and the data on the disks is still ok, I give message in this thread.

Peter
peter roest

Postby peter roest » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Hello Johann,

I have for you 9 midi files of good performance from the Shadows. The quality of this files depends on the quality of the sound of the used keyboard or midi equipment.
The songs are: Apache, Cavatina, FBI, Foottapper, Geronimo, Riders in the Sky, Guitar Tango, Kon-Tiki and Wonderful Land. If I can get your e-mail adress i send you the stuff,
Also i have 8 good Ventures midi files

Peter

PS. I try to send you a private message via this forum, I won't work.
peter roest

Return to How To Get "That Sound"