Quadraverb / Magicstomp alternative suggestions

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Quadraverb / Magicstomp alternative suggestions

Postby vonduck » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 am

Hi chaps, new here ...

I have searched these forums and Googled for advice on what unit to buy for the Shadows sounds and seem to have narrowed it down to the Quadraverb and Magicstomp... BUT surprise, surprise none of those are in existence on this little island of New Zealand! So, my search on Ebay has lead me to some that are willing to send the Quadraverb to NZ from England but the freight alone is about $200.00+ ... :( ... couldnt see any MAgicstomps sadly either ....

So, my questions are... are there any alternatives i could use that ARE sold in NZ? Also, having the idea of getting the EFTP patches (or is this downloaded...??) are there any devices other than the 2 mentioned above that would be good to use as well? How does one get the EFTP sound if it does not come with the effects unit?

I appreciate you comments folks and apologize if this has all been covered ad-infinitum!

Warm regards

Doug
Huntly, New Zealand
vonduck

Re: Quadraverb / Magicstomp alternative suggestions

Postby noelford » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:25 am

Hi Doug

Yes, there are several other options for units running EFTP.

If you can get a suitable one, you will need to purchase the EFTP program from its creator, Charlie Hall, and install it yourself. Alternatively, you may find a unit already programmed with EFTP but you should make sure that the program is legal (you can do this by letting Charlie know the serial number of the unit).

The best place to go for full info is the Charlie Hall and Friends website, HERE. See EFTP Gear under Sticked Threads From General.

You might also be interested in knowing that Charlie and a colleague will be launching their own dedicate unit (hopefully) later this year or year or eary next. I have heard the prototype and it is gobsmackingly good!

Cheers

Noel
noelford

Postby vonduck » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:17 am

Thanks Noel for the lead... I'll have a wee peak at that now!

kia ora!

Doug
vonduck

Postby keithmantle » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Doug, if money is tight go for a Zoom G 2.1, you can get EFTP Shads patches from Charlie Hall and friends site, he sends them by email. Just seen your thread on Charlies site the M/Stomp is excellent (i have one myself) and will give you 'The Sound'
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby vonduck » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks Keith for your comments .... a chap has one (finally found one!) on TradeMe (local web buying site here) for NZD$339.00 (not sure what that is in Euros or pounds... but seems like a good deal from what i have read... and you have confirmed its the way to go so appreciate your feedback my friend!

Have a great day!

Doug
vonduck

Return to How To Get "That Sound"