e-Tap?

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

e-Tap?

Postby Strummer » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 am

I have spoken (e-mail) with Charlie hall. he has advised me to seek out someone who knows how to obtain "e-Tap" (Which, he informs is FREE?) As he does not supply EFTP patches for Laptops.

a) Does anyone know how I can obtain e-Tap please?
b) How good is it?
c) Can i get a good Shads sound from it
d) I am currently using a Vox AD30 VT and I own an HBM signature Japanese Fender Stratocaster as well as a Burns Marvin and a Burns Apache.

Your sound advice is dearly required and will be warmly coveted.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation herein requested.

Arthur
Strummer

Re: e-Tap?

Postby panchodiaz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 am

Hi Arthur,

The VST plugging eTap2 was made by Piet Verbruggen from The Netherlands and is free. You can download it from http://www.echotapper.nl/dev/. You can also look for Bojan Drndic´s music in this site to find out how near of Shadows sound you can get.

BTW, Piet is now developing a physical version of his eTap2 called eTap2HW for us to build it as a DIY project.

Regards,
Pancho
panchodiaz

Full Real Name: Francisco Diaz Paniagua

Postby Strummer » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Pancodiaz - Many thanks for your help on this. I am very, very grateful to you.

Warm regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Strummer » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Thank you everso much, it is well appreciated. perhaps I can now get some satisfaction in regard to my Shadows effects (HBM)?

THANKS AGAIN MY FRIENDS.

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Martyn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:23 am

Do I understand the module won't work with a Mac - it only refers to Windows systems?
Martyn

Full Real Name: Martyn Welch

Postby Strummer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Martyn wrote:Do I understand the module won't work with a Mac - it only refers to Windows systems?

Martyn - I presume you are talkinf to the other guys and not me? As I said, eTap is OK for me as I have a new Laptop. Charlie hall stated that he does not do "patches" for Laptops, only Apple macs and othe footpedals etc.

Personally, I find that 'strange?'
Strummer

Postby I'm Frettin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi Arthur

I've got a list of echotapper settings if its of any help to you, it lists various settings for a lot of Shadows numbers and is in PDF format. PM me if you want it and I'll email it to you.
I'm Frettin

Full Real Name: Harold Gibling

Postby Strummer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:14 pm

I'm Frettin wrote:Hi Arthur

I've got a list of echotapper settings if its of any help to you, it lists various settings for a lot of Shadows numbers and is in PDF format. PM me if you want it and I'll email it to you.

Oh Hi Harold

Yes PLEASE! I would love any help you can supply. I am really trying to get "That Sound" as we speak.

So, any help you can give i would very, very much appreciate.

Thank you ever so much in advance of your help.

Warm regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby I'm Frettin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi again Arthur

Sorry for the delay in replying, I'm new to all this so not sure how to find your email address. I'm also new to playing guitar as I only started playing last Christmas, if you can tell me how to find your email address I'll send the document right away.
Forgive me if I appear stupid, probably my age I'm 66 and not used to finding my way around forums.
I await your instructions

Regards
'H'
I'm Frettin

Full Real Name: Harold Gibling

Next

Return to How To Get "That Sound"