How not to get that sound

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: How not to get that sound

Postby Bojan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Didier wrote:
abstamaria wrote:His English wasn't that of a native American speaker, but the gramatical pattern wasn't Filipino either. Strange person.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Guy Bodart is from Belgium, his native language is French. In the late sixties he played rythm guitar in a Belgian band called "Mec Op Singers" which had a small local hit with a tune called "Dies Irae" :

He later moved to the USA where he runs a camera business.

Didier

In fact, I think he claimed somewhere that "Dies Irae" served as inspiration to the Yardbirds for their hit "Still I'm Sad" . . .
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby dave robinson » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Bojan wrote:

In fact, I think he claimed somewhere that "Dies Irae" served as inspiration to the Yardbirds for their hit "Still I'm Sad" . . .

Bojan

Bodart is talking crap - I was in France when Dies Irae was being played and if I remember correctly was in the French charts in November 1966, The Yardbirds 'Still I'm Sad' was over a year earlier. Bodart will say anything to gain an ounce of credibility, I feel so sorry for the folks who are being fooled by his Magicstomp scam.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Bojan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:36 pm

But you have to admit Dave . . . his Atlantis was 100% like the original !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby stagetech » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:57 pm

We will all be able to play like him soon.
He is soon to open a new web site, dedicated to getting That Sound. as only he (Guy) knows how.
There will be demos of his echo settings, and examples of how the Shads could only get that sound from his equipment!
:roll:

This is Guy as Hank :geek:
stagetech

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:12 pm

I remember running his Atlantis along with the Shadows version to hear what effects might result from the mix. Itchycoo Park came to mind
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby John M » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:29 pm

And he seems to be intending to sell TC electronics D2 units with echoes programmed.
Now Ive done a wee bit of research and from what I can gather the D2 units do not have the multi tap capability that the Alesis units have/had.
Their "multi tap" just seems to be regular echo in that the spacings are always equal. There is a rhytm tap feature but, again, from what little info I can track down this is still not a true multi tap feature which emulates the old tape echoes and the Alesis units.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Also go here:=

http://www.youtube.com/user/guydanieli

:?
John M

Full Real Name: john miller

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"