"That Sound".......

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: "That Sound".......

Postby Strummer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:31 am

Nick Allan wrote:Excellent Arthur !

Let us know how you get on with it when you have had a chance to play with it a little. What speakers has it got?

All the best,

Nick

Hi Nick

The speakers are Chinese made Celestions, it is only the "Blues" that are made here!

The Amp is just 'awesome!' The power is unbelieveable. I thought, "30 watt, can't be much more powerful than the VOX AD30 VT's that I own? Pah! What a mistake that wa, it is unbelieveablely loud! Cannot have it opened up at home, it'd blow the bloody toof off I reckon, Lol!

Well, have to say, I've still got a lot of experimenting to do, but, so far, this is by far the closest to "That Sound" I have ever got. Wonderful! Will keep you updated as and when.

Warm regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Didier » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Strummer wrote:The power is unbelieveable. I thought, "30 watt, can't be much more powerful than the VOX AD30 VT's that I own? Pah! What a mistake that wa, it is unbelieveablely loud

The difference mostly comes for the speakers' higher sensivity in the AC30. And valve amps generally sound subjectively louder than transistor amps.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Strummer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks for that Didier...I haven't had a lot of time to play, but, boy oh boy WHAT an amp and Echoes effect? Absolutely stunning!

I have just been setting things up in my spare time, I am in the middle of Tax Return month here (I am a practising accountant!) So, time has been at a premium I'm afraid. However, the sounds and effects are just stupendous. I THOUGHT I knew a lot, but, I am not ashamed to say I am learning right now. There is no comparison between solid state amps and all-valve amps. All-valves being simply miles better than solid state.

I have also had a guy around that runs a Shadows Club and he thinks my Japanese made Stratocaster is as good as his USA equivalents any day.

So, here I am with a Japanese made Fender Stratocaster, in Fiesta Red with all the chrome hardware removed and replaced by Fender all-Gold and, a VOX AC30 CC2 with an Alesis Quadraverb fitted with EFTP patches.

Now, the fun really will start. Bearing in mind I also own a Burns Marvin and the Vox is set up for both!

Yes, I am a very happy bunny.

Cheers all. :D
Strummer

Postby Strummer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi gang...just to say that all is well that ends well!
Strummer

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"