"That Sound".......

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

"That Sound".......

Postby Strummer » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Right, fed up with trying to get eTAP to work as I feel it should, have now ordered an Alesis Quadraverb GT with EFTP installed and......I am obtaining a VOX AC30 Reissue all valve as well. I WILL get that sound I tell you. Grrrrr!
Strummer

Re: "That Sound".......

Postby Nick Allan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 pm

That will be the CC2X then?

Regards,

Nick
Nick Allan

Postby Strummer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Nick Allan wrote:That will be the CC2X then?

Regards,

Nick

Not sure yet, waiting for the guy to bringthe amp round for me to"test" before I hand over my hard earned cash!Lol!

I,ll let you know!
Strummer

Postby Nick Allan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 pm

It is a great amp for the money, but if you get it, don't use the standby switch - ignore or disconnect it !

I would be interested to hear what you think of it.

All the best,

Nick
Nick Allan

Postby Strummer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Nick Allan wrote:It is a great amp for the money, but if you get it, don't use the standby switch - ignore or disconnect it !

All the best,

Nick

I have just arranged (E-Mail) for him to bring the Alesis Quadraverb GT and the VOX AC30 round to my house on Thursday evening. So, will be more up to date after that. Will let you know what I think of it as per your request.

I have been waiting for something akin to this to happen for too long. So, an eager to experience the "all valve VOX AC30 sensation!" Also, the Quadraverb complete with its EFTP incuded.

Oh, the guy has told me that the VOX comes with a foot pedal and is 'as new!' It also has all the Manuals etc. Whooo! Hooo!

Can't wait to be honest.

Cheers for now

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Nick Allan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Yes, It has a footswitch, but unless things have changed, the "manual" does not amount to much - although I doubt you will need it.

Exciting isn't it ! Let us know how you get on.

All the best,

Nick
Nick Allan

Postby Strummer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Strummer wrote:
Nick Allan wrote:It is a great amp for the money, but if you get it, don't use the standby switch - ignore or disconnect it !

All the best,

Nick

I have just arranged (E-Mail) for him to bring the Alesis Quadraverb GT and the VOX AC30 round to my house on Thursday evening. So, will be more up to date after that. Will let you know what I think of it as per your request.

I have been waiting for something akin to this to happen for too long. So, an eager to experience the "all valve VOX AC30 sensation!" Also, the Quadraverb complete with its EFTP incuded.

Oh, the guy has told me that the VOX comes with a foot pedal and is 'as new!' It also has all the Manuals etc. Whooo! Hooo!

Can't wait to be honest.

Cheers for now

Arthur

FURTHER UPDATE!!

The model VOX AC30 IS indeed a CC2. (Custom Classic.) Just seen the adverts for them and they are retailing for around £799, I am picking this "as new" model up for £450! Now that is a bargain, innit? Lol!
Strummer

Postby Nick Allan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Arthur,

Is it a CC2 or CC2X ?

Regards,

Nick
Nick Allan

Postby Strummer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Nick Allan wrote:Arthur,

Is it a CC2 or CC2X ?

Regards,

Nick

Nick,

I am now the proud owner of a VOX AC30 (all Valve) Custom Classic 2. Furthermore, (and this'll kill yah!) it is the fourth amplifier in a run of 4 for "The Shadows". Apparently they ordered four, using two on stage and a backup, but a fourth back up in case of 'problems or emergencies!' I now own the fourth Amp, complete with The Shadows attached to the bottom right hand corner of the amp in 2" high gold letters! Whooo! Hooo!

I also bought the Alesis Quadraverb GT. The sounds are just unbelieveable. I have'nt even experimented enough yet due to my two kids being ill so keeping noise down as they are sick in bed!

All I need now is a BOSS FV500H and I have, literally, everything!

Yup! I'm a happy bunny alright. Lol!
Strummer

Postby Nick Allan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Excellent Arthur !

Let us know how you get on with it when you have had a chance to play with it a little. What speakers has it got?

All the best,

Nick
Nick Allan

Next

Return to How To Get "That Sound"