Bojan....

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Bojan....

Postby Strummer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:38 am

Good morning, hope you are well?

Just thought I would ask you a question if you do not mind. Some while ago you posted on here your recording of "Blue Star" I think you were using e-Tap? What code/number on the echo list did you use please? I've been playing it and can't seem to get that definitive echo right? Did you use anything else at all?

Thank you for your help in this "tricky" matter.

Best regards

Arthur/Strummer
Strummer

Re: Bojan....

Postby Bojan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Arthur,

I use Korg Ampworks amp modeling to emulate the sound of a Vox AC-15 and on my Strat I have CS54 pickups and Gibson L5 strings (12-56) . . .

As for echoes, I use Johan's J-patches with the eTAP2 and for Blue Star I used patch PR00.

I also add a little more flutter from a vst plugin called Wow&Flutter. (http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml).

Hope this helps,
Bojan
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby Strummer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Bojan

Helps an awful lot. Thank you very much for the info. I have been using either a VOX AC30 CC2 (all valve)or a VOX AD30 VT (pre-amp) coupled with my Strat plugged into my LapTop using eTap2.

Perhaps the difference is either the strings OR the Wow&Flutter plug in? Or, both? On the VOX AD30 VT I get an AC15 choice? Did Hank play that tune on AC 15's or did he do it on the AC30TB?

Oh, I have the choice on the eTap2 of different patches, PR00 being one of them?

Thanks again Bojan

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Bojan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm pretty sure he played it on the AC-15 . . . You know, even when I play without the echo, my basic guitar tone sounds right. In fact, when I play my Strat unplugged, the tone sounds right, so the problem is not in the echoes, but in your tone. You have to have plenty of mid tones, while your bass and treble should be reduced considerably. Try getting the sound right before even adding the echoes.
Bojan

Postby Strummer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Thank you again Bojan for your help. I will have a go at that and see what happens?

I'll get back to you if I may, once I have had some time to sort this out?

Have a good weekend.

Sincere best wishes

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Bojan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Arthur, I have attached a part of a soundfile that I just recorded without echo; only my guitar through Ampworks (Vox AC-15 setting) into my PC (recorded with Cakewalk Guitar TRracks Pro). The BT is the original minus Hank so there is some "bleeding" from his echo, other than that my own guitar has no added echo.

Cheers,
Bojan
Attachments
B Star.mp3
(886.79 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
Bojan

Postby Strummer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Thank you Bojan, you are indeed a "friend in need"....thank you for all your help. I will get back to you as soon as i can to let you know what is happening.

Arthur (Strummer)
Strummer

Return to How To Get "That Sound"