Kinman Hx pickups

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Kinman Hx pickups

Postby dave robinson » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:24 pm

bor64 wrote:No worries Dave :mrgreen:
Just a tongue in cheek remark about those fairytail Gretsch urban legend ;)
Now all of a sudden the SG is in the sptlight....regarding that sound...errrrr

My quotes from the best comedies ever,was just a small bridge to get the attention towards the Gretsch story from way back...

I forgot one....Don't mention the war...he's from Barcelona..... Fawlty Towers priceless :lol:

OK Rob that's fine - Incidentally the SG has nothing to do with that sound, it's just something I enjoy playing, as well as the Les Paul, ES137, Gretsch 6120 . . . . etc etc :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Strummer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Gentlemen! HEAR THIS!!

With the help of one Mr Peter Creasey, I have been able to put aside the myth that the Burns Apache pick-ups are "useless!" I followed his advice and instructions and re-tuned my AC30CC2 all valve amp, twiddled some knobs on the Alesis Quadraverb GT and some more adjusting on the guitar Tone and volume and BINGO!!! I now profess to have a very good Hank type sound!! After all these months of near-tears and hyperventilation, here I am with a very, very good sound!

To Peter Creasey I say this, you have made an almost broken man whole again. I have almost found the perfect Holy Grail of HBM. I am soooo happy about it. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help!

If ANYBODY wants help, then contact this board and someone will come forward to give just that! A true benediction in my opinion!
Strummer

Postby dave robinson » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Strummer wrote:Gentlemen! HEAR THIS!!

With the help of one Mr Peter Creasey, I have been able to put aside the myth that the Burns Apache pick-ups are "useless!" I followed his advice and instructions and re-tuned my AC30CC2 all valve amp, twiddled some knobs on the Alesis Quadraverb GT and some more adjusting on the guitar Tone and volume and BINGO!!! I now profess to have a very good Hank type sound!! After all these months of near-tears and hyperventilation, here I am with a very, very good sound!

To Peter Creasey I say this, you have made an almost broken man whole again. I have almost found the perfect Holy Grail of HBM. I am soooo happy about it. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help!

If ANYBODY wants help, then contact this board and someone will come forward to give just that! A true benediction in my opinion!

Glad to hear it - Result ! :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby petercreasey » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:01 pm

:thumbup:
Enjoy
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby Strummer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:05 pm

dave robinson wrote:

Glad to hear it - Result ! :)

MOST definately Dave! Happy I is! :D
Strummer

Postby Strummer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:08 pm

petercreasey wrote:

:thumbup:
Enjoy

Peter, I have been and, will continue to do so, thanks to you! You are a true Gent Sir! (Never thought a Burns could sound so Vintage Strat?) Amazing! :D :D
Strummer

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"