Boss RE20 Space Echo

Loads of accumulated experience

Boss RE20 Space Echo

Postby Martyn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Is this unit capable of producing the correct echoes for Shads material?
One caught my eye and I wondered if it might suit as a backup unit. :|
Martyn

Full Real Name: Martyn Welch

Re: Boss RE20 Space Echo

Postby dave robinson » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 am

Martyn wrote:Is this unit capable of producing the correct echoes for Shads material?

I tried it and the answer is no it doesn't, but it works exactly like the old Roland 201 and is useable. I have a feeling that the Vox Delay Lab may be a better option, but I'm still awaiting it's arrival at our music store. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Martyn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 am

dave robinson wrote:
Martyn wrote:Is this unit capable of producing the correct echoes for Shads material?

I tried it and the answer is no it doesn't, but it works exactly like the old Roland 201 and is useable. I have a feeling that the Vox Delay Lab may be a better option, but I'm still awaiting it's arrival at our music store. :)

Yes, I've been struggling to find any reviews that tell me if that Vox unit may be of use too. No local stockists so look forward to hearing how you rate it once you've had the chance to play.
Martyn

Postby keithmantle » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:37 am

Martyn wrote:
dave robinson wrote:

Yes, I've been struggling to find any reviews that tell me if that Vox unit may be of use too. No local stockists so look forward to hearing how you rate it once you've had the chance to play.

Hi Martyn, This Vox delaylab question has been asked and i have replied in a earlier thread, I emailed Vox and they said it will produce 'Shads-echoes' but as they say 'proof of the pudding'etc, for a cheap multi-tap echo try 2 Marshall echo heads, a fellow Hankie uses them and gets a very good sound.
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby Martyn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi Keith,
I'm happy enough with the Magicstomp but looking around for alternatives as backup because the Stomps are harder to find now and if mine dies, I'm a bit stuffed. Hopefully Charlie's unit, when it finally emerges, will do the job but it doesn't hurt to look at other options just in case it doesn't. As you know ;) , I had a Q2 but sold that as it wasn't suitable for live and home playing without getting a rack unit for it - more of an inconvenience thing than anything else and the M/stomp's a tough, sturdy stomp pedal that does both jobs so well. I've been looking at more demos of the Vox unit but whilst it does a heap of stuff very well (some of which I'd never use) it's not so easy to establish if it will be programmable for each patch I'd like it to do. As a generic echo unit I'm sure it would be fine but so many others out there are equally 'fine' but aren't able to produce the precise patterns I want just by scrolling through patches. Good game, this, isn't it! :roll:
Cheers,
Martyn
Martyn

Return to How To Get "That Sound"