boss re-20 echo settings

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

boss re-20 echo settings

Postby echo-eddie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 am

i have a boss re-20 and boy is it confusing to use.!..i think there is more to it than i have discovered......am trying for the 2 head echo sound....anyone here have any Shadows settings they would care to share for this boss re-20..?....the manual is not a bonanza of helpful instruction.........thanks for any help..
echo-eddie

Re: boss re-20 echo settings

Postby dave robinson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:37 am

Hi Jimmy, I have a feeling that position '5' may be the two head effect that you are looking for, but without having it in front of me I'm not 100% - the speed will have a bearing on this too, so you need to slow it down and increase it whilst listening, just plucking a single string to hear the pattern. You also need to keep the feedback off until you have found the pattern that you are seeking. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Re: boss re-20 echo settings

Postby echo-eddie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:24 am

thanks dave..
i got to fooling around and digging out info from the short manual...and i reset the re-20 to 'long' delay mode....and this is the ticket...as you said, mode selector to 5....repeat rATE to ABOUT 9 or 10 O CLOCK..INTENSITY NOON or 1 oclock.....echo volume 1 o'clock..strum a lick and, bob's your uncle ,it now gets the echo i was looking for...right there..!..nice and very MARVIN...but Boss does not make it easy to find it sounds you want......they make a great unit but so many secrets..!...thanks for help..
echo-eddie

Return to How To Get "That Sound"