Ipad Echo pad Now with sound examples

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Ipad Echo pad Now with sound examples

Postby HoldernessMedia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 am

Hello again :)

Echo Pad 1.4.8 is now released, featuring the new expanded multi-tap functionality I've been working on.
I want to give a BIG thanks to Jason, he is the one who contacted me and got me interested in adding this functionality, and has been a great help in beta testing. Thank you to Roger as well for his input and sound demos.

There is a preset included in v1.4.8 called "Shadows" that I made which sounds pretty decent, but I want to eventually include more authentic presets in a future version.

Here is an in-depth tutorial on using the multi-tap functions in Echo Pad.

In the next version (v1.4.9) I am adding Preset sharing so you will be able to share custom presets by email.
I look forward to hearing what you all can do with Echo Pad!
HoldernessMedia

Postby Hank2k » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Having finally had a chance to sit down and use this app I think it's really something, it's really flexible aswell, will be using it for my next gig thanks for makiing the app shads fans have been waiting for
Hank2k

Postby HoldernessMedia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Hank2k wrote:Having finally had a chance to sit down and use this app I think it's really something, it's really flexible aswell, will be using it for my next gig thanks for makiing the app shads fans have been waiting for

Thank you Hank! If you do any sound or video recordings of the gig I'd like to hear, either post in this thread or email me at support at holdernessmedia dot com.
HoldernessMedia

Postby Kiwi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:42 am

This is amazing Christopher. You have made some great improvements. It is taking me a while to to master it but I thought I could give you some verbal rather than audio feedback on a couple of things:lol: (1) Make the delay control panel movable so you can shift it higher to see all the settings when you are using the keyboard. At present the keyboard obscures about half of the panel display. (2) Add an input box for feedback to make it easier to enter a setting. It is hard to get low values with the slider. (3) It would be good to see the name of the preset displayed on the bottom of each screen so you do not loose track of which one you are using.

I hope this is of help. Regards, John
Kiwi

Postby HoldernessMedia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:56 am

Kiwi wrote:This is amazing Christopher. You have made some great improvements. It is taking me a while to to master it but I thought I could give you some verbal rather than audio feedback on a couple of things:lol: (1) Make the delay control panel movable so you can shift it higher to see all the settings when you are using the keyboard. At present the keyboard obscures about half of the panel display. (2) Add an input box for feedback to make it easier to enter a setting. It is hard to get low values with the slider. (3) It would be good to see the name of the preset displayed on the bottom of each screen so you do not loose track of which one you are using.

I hope this is of help. Regards, John

Thanks for the feedback John. I actually already added #3 just a few hours ago as someone else had requested it, so it will be in the next update. The preset name will be displayed in the top left corner of the touchpad area.

#1 and #2 are both good ideas and I can probably get them implemented in time for the next update, if not then the following update. With iOS 7 coming up soon I'm focusing on making sure Echo Pad is stable and ready for it.
HoldernessMedia

Postby jase » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm

I wonder if anyone who has got Echo pad could give the settings in the picture below a try and tell me what you think. The aim was at trying to get an echo for Apache. The volume on tap 4 is turned completely down. The white circle is tapped to mono and in the FX section taps 1,2 and taps 3,4 and stereo delay are pressed.

jase

Full Real Name: jason hill

Postby Kiwi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:34 am

Hey Jase, I am away for several days so I will check it out when I am back. Thanks for starting this thread and the work you have put in particularly with helping with the echo pad app. Cheers, John
Kiwi

Postby jase » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi John, I haven't done anything it's all down to Chris's hard work.
jase

Full Real Name: jason hill

Postby Kiwi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:32 am

I had promised to do some testing but I am finding that the Irig is temperamental. The Ipad does not always detect it and seems to loose the connection easily. The Ipad headphone input has not had a lot of use so I do think this is also an Irig problem. I will need to look for a better input device. It would be great if I could find one that uses the USB input but I need to check if this can handle audio. Cheers, John
Kiwi

Postby Hank2k » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi jase, I should have my io dock back today so will try and test your settings tonight
Hank2k

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"