Ipad Echo pad Now with sound examples

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Ipad Echo pad Now with sound examples

Postby jase » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi Steve
Chris from Echo pad has come up with better Apache settins. I will post them later. I think they are pretty close.
jase

Full Real Name: jason hill

Postby Hank2k » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi Jase

Here are my quick tests recorded tonight

One take on all

Peacepipe

https://soundcloud.com/steve-spence-rey ... e-echo-pad

Apache

https://soundcloud.com/steve-spence-rey ... e-echo-pad

Atlantis

https://soundcloud.com/steve-spence-rey ... s-echo-pad

Gear used was my simon neil strat in to the ipad echo pad in to my pinnacle, no eq etc recorded using Audactiy
Hank2k

Postby dave robinson » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:22 am

Sounds good to me, it seems there's a good choice of options around to re- create our favourite echoes these days, if all you do is play at home on a computer based rig, then with a little knowledge and patience, the sound is achievable very cheaply.Well done to the guy who programmed this app. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby HoldernessMedia » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 am

@Hank2k - Those sound clips sound pretty solid to me, I'm interested to hear what you think of my revised Apache preset that I sent to Jason. I think we're getting closer here with these new presets. Once the next update is out (v1.4.9) and everyone has had some quality time to spend programming and sharing presets, I'd like to maybe take a vote on some of the most authentic presets.
The best ones could then be included in one of the following updates as factory presets. How do you guys feel about that?

@dave robinson - That would be me, thank you! :D
HoldernessMedia

Postby dave robinson » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:15 pm

HoldernessMedia wrote:@Hank2k - Those sound clips sound pretty solid to me, I'm interested to hear what you think of my revised Apache preset that I sent to Jason. I think we're getting closer here with these new presets. Once the next update is out (v1.4.9) and everyone has had some quality time to spend programming and sharing presets, I'd like to maybe take a vote on some of the most authentic presets.
The best ones could then be included in one of the following updates as factory presets. How do you guys feel about that?

@dave robinson - That would be me, thank you! :D

I downloaded tis app about four weeks ago and I haven't had the time to get into it yet. Last year I bought an iPad to use for my backing tracks on my solo gigs and also bought the Alesis iDock which works a treat, but I became ill at Christmas and have just got through all the chemotherapy & radium treatment so I had my mind on other things.

Consequently I haven't gigged solo since February and lately I find that I can't play guitar owing to the chemo side effects affecting my hands, so my wings are clipped for the time being in joining in with all of this wonderful stuff. I must admit that when I switched on the app for the first time, I couldn't get to grips with it and don't understand how it works, but when I feel bette I'm counting on a bit of help to get me up and running. I bought the Apogee guitar connector for the iPad (forgot the name) last year and tried it with Garage Band and that works OK, whilst I also use the Apogee One and the Apogee Duet with great success on the Mac.

I'll be watching what you guys are doing with interest and look forward to joining in soon ! ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby jase » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 pm

dave robinson wrote:
I downloaded tis app about four weeks ago and I haven't had the time to get into it yet. Last year I bought an iPad to use for my backing tracks on my solo gigs and also bought the Alesis iDock which works a treat, but I became ill at Christmas and have just got through all the chemotherapy & radium treatment so I had my mind on other things.

Consequently I haven't gigged solo since February and lately I find that I can't play guitar owing to the chemo side effects affecting my hands, so my wings are clipped for the time being in joining in with all of this wonderful stuff. I must admit that when I switched on the app for the first time, I couldn't get to grips with it and don't understand how it works, but when I feel bette I'm counting on a bit of help to get me up and running. I bought the Apogee guitar connector for the iPad (forgot the name) last year and tried it with Garage Band and that works OK, whilst I also use the Apogee One and the Apogee Duet with great success on the Mac.

I'll be watching what you guys are doing with interest and look forward to joining in soon ! ;)

Hi Dave hope your soon feeling better. There are a fair few tutorial videos on Holderness Medias You tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg2Rs5Ll3NdgHG9igiDvZvQ that show quite a lot of Echo pads functions. It would be good when your feeling better to have your input as someone who has had experience with most of the other units.
jase

Postby jase » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:12 pm

I quickly recorded a test of Chris's Apache patch. Its one take and a little rough in places but the aim was to try and show how the patch sounds rather than my playing. I used my Simon Neil strat -Boss BC2 - Apogee Jam -Ipad-Audiobus- Echo pad- Multitrack Daw. All feedback welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/jase36/echo-pad-apache-patch-test-1
jase

Postby dyker124 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi Jason,

The patch sounds very good to me. I think perhaps a touch of reverb on it will clinch it. I have been experimenting a little myself and think I may have a 'close' Wonderful Land patch. Just testing it at the moment. I'll mail you the settings to see what you think. I'm still struggling with a decent front end though at the moment. I have one or two that's passable, but none that you would call good.

Best regards
dyker124

Full Real Name: Roger John Dyke

Postby HoldernessMedia » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:19 am

Hey guys, the 1.4.9 update for Echo Pad is out now, including support for iOS 7 and the ability to share presets using email.
If possible, consider leaving a nice rating/review for Echo Pad on the AppStore, it really helps! :)

I haven't had time to try and create any more Shadows patches, but if I find time in the next week or so I'll share them.

As I mentioned before I think it would be cool to collect the best presets from everyone and I can include them in a future update as factory presets. I'm not sure what the best way would be to decide on which ones are best, maybe a forum poll?
HoldernessMedia

Postby ecca » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Dear Sirs, I have the iphone and I have the echo pad app.
When I attempt to do anything with it planets seem to float around on the screen but little else.
Has anyone had a play with this and got a decent Shads echo ?
Yours cosmically,
Fred.
ecca

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"