Ipad Echo pad Now with sound examples

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Ipad Echo pad Now with sound examples

Postby keithmantle » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:31 pm

jase wrote:I thought it was worth posting about an App that is available on Ipad. It's called Echo Pad and its made by Holderness media. It's been around since January and has had 14 free updates since then. It's latest update has added multitap delays and while its not THE SOUND yet it has the potential in the future to become something very useful for Shadow style music on an Ipad. At the moment it has 4 heads that you can't alter but having contacted the developer He has replied saying that in one of the forthcoming updates individual control of heads is to be added. I've asked about having 6 heads and the ability to use it in mono as the multitap delay is currently stereo and He has said that all this is possible. It also already has wow and flutter. If you have an Ipad already its well worth checking out as it is only £1.99. I've swapped a few emails with the developer Christopher Rice and He has been surprised by the interest in multitap delays and genuinely seems open to ideas for future updates.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has used it since the 5th of August update and what they think of it.

Roger Dyke has kindly recorded some examples of Echo pad using his guitar with his Ipad mini.

https://soundcloud.com/dyker124/echo-pad-example-m4a Atlantis

https://soundcloud.com/dyker124/echo-pad-peace-pipe-m4a Peace Pipe

Hi Jase, The soundfiles are very good and tremendous value at £1.99.
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby jase » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:47 am

Echotapper wrote:Offered my help in the event they would add emu's we use.

Piet

Hi Piet was this something they were interested in ?
jase

Full Real Name: jason hill

Postby jase » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:01 am

keithmantle wrote:
jase wrote:Hi Jase, The soundfiles are very good and tremendous value at £1.99.

Interestingly all that Roger used to record the files was his Guitar, IRig interface and iPad mini. Apart from the Echo and reverb that was added using Echo pad Roger has not used any other effects. There was no amp simulations used, the sound is just Rogers guitar running through Echo pad.
jase

Postby Kiwi » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:46 am

This sure is exciting stuff. I now see my ipad in a totally new light! Could serious consideration be given to creating a forum or sub forum for the ipad please. It would be great to have all the posts in the one place. Cheers, John
Kiwi

Postby Hank2k » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:27 am

im going to be trying the echo pad with my amp tommorow as i have been very impressed with the sounds, will try and record some files, certainly seems the way forward, much less hassle than taking a full rig everywhere, if there is a PA all you will need is your Ipad and guitar
Hank2k

Postby dyker124 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:06 am

Hi All,

Just for information:-

With the example files that I recorded there was no amplifier simulation. My line-up was:-

Guitar –> iRig interface –> iPad Mini –> Echo Pad –> (INPUT) AudioBus (OUTPUT –> MultiTrack DAW

The output from the iPad was connected to a monitor speaker (headphones would do). Backing tracks used were from UB-Hank (BT loaded onto one track of MultiTrack DAW).

BT and recorded track then exported to SoundCloud from MultiTrack DAW.

The above is what makes it so good. If you carried a:- Guitar, Guitar interface, Fully charged iPad, and Headphones, and if you had you favourite BT’s loaded you could practice and record anywhere. A real easy set-up.

I know those example tracks are not perfect, but I think the tone and echo are plenty good enough to practice with and is a start of better things to come.

Kind regards
dyker124

Full Real Name: Roger John Dyke

Postby Hank2k » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:22 am

I really like the app i wonder whether it would be possible to create say a meazzi app that looked just like the early meazzis and could be operated in the same way. May have to look into this i think
Hank2k

Postby jase » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:15 pm

It will be interesting to hear how Echo pad sounds through your amp Steve.

An app that looked and behaved like a Meazzi would be great. I don't think many App developers are making a great deal of money from Apps and think a lot do it as a second income. Most younger musical app users don't expect to pay very much for an app but I think within our community people would pay a little more for an app that gave the right effect.
jase

Postby Beatroute63 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:19 pm

This has to be the future surely. OK its not perfect for the purists in its present form , but at the rate of development in this sort of field these days you don't have to look very far ahead to see that, for the the potential for sound choice, and the convenience that these apps offer, they will soon supersede the traditional set up.Will be be seeing further refinements to this app in the future?
Richard
Beatroute63

Full Real Name: Richard Dubber

Postby noelford » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Richard, for me it's not the future, it's the present, and has been for nearly a year, now. The heart of my set-up is my iPad and, with a Bose system to run it through, it already supersedes my earlier kit.
noelford

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"