Club now closed but relaunching as a general music club

Run by Doreen Driscoll. Meetings on the second Saturday of each month at The Jubilee Centre, Newcastle Emlyn. Not a Shadows club, the club embraces all kinds of music but Shads tunes are welcome as part of the mix.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Club now closed but relaunching as a general music club

Postby noelford » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

Sorry to report that the West Of Wales Shadows and Guitar club held its final meeting (in that format) last Saturday, after eight good years. For some time, the club has been changing into more of a general music club, including vocals (though Shads material has regularly been played). It hasn't helped that I moved to Herefordshire, a hundred miles away, so Ken Gilbert & myself took the decision to finish. The club will continue, in a new name, West Wales Guitar and Music Club, and will be run by our good friend Doreen Driscoll. She will be holding meetings on the the second Saturday of each month at a new venue, The Jubilee Center, Newcastle Emlyn. Although the Shadows element has been dropped, and the club will embrace all kinds of music, I know that Shads tunes will still be welcomed there.
noelford

Return to West of Wales Guitar and Music Club