Time Machine

An informal forum where you can draw attention to your use of a particular band name

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Time Machine

Postby Terry B » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi, I'm Terry B and was a founder member of the original North West Shadows Club along with Trevor Lyon and several others.
My current band are called "Time Machine". Formed in 2016 previously went under the name of another St Helens band, the Fireflites. One member died in 2013 and another left in 2016. Fortunately for us a our rhythm guitarist lived next door to a girl who sang. As it turned out, she, though only inher early thirties, is a fan of 60's music and loves to sing it. So, never having had a girl singer before we went for it. It meant learning a load of new songs suitable for a female singer but we did it and I have to say we're enjoying the music even more! She does a great job of Cilla Black songs like "You're My World" and Dusty Springfield's "I Only Want To Be With You". Unfortunately Cliff songs are out! - but we do give her break and do a couple of Shadows numbers in each set. We're on a break at the moment as our singer is expecting a baby at the end of July, but she does want to make a comeback!
We are based in St Helens.
Contact us at timemach1960@gmail.com

preview 4.jpg
(101.01 KiB) Downloaded 4170 times
Terry B
Terry B

Full Real Name: Terry Broughton

Return to Register Your Band Name