Franz Moons

An informal forum where you can draw attention to your use of a particular band name

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Franz Moons

Postby Paulps » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Band Name.....Franz Moons
Year formed...1965
Location........Middleton, Manchester
Contact.........Paulps
No web site

Members: Paul P Sutherst (Bass), Nigel W Duckworth (Lead Guitar), Clive R Duckworth (Drums)
We played around Manchester from 1965-1969, and reformed in 2009 to play at Shadows clubs, mainly with Tony Szalpa on rhythm guitar. Tony and Nigel change places on some of the tunes we play.
Since reforming we have not practiced together, for geographical reasons, (I live in Congleton, Cheshire, Nigel in Sheffield, Clive in Nottingham, and Tony near Derby), we just decide by phone and e-mail what we will play and hope that we all start and finish together, which on the tunes that fade out on records can be trickey, but generally we manage it.
Nigel, Clive and I, together with Ian (Stratpicker) Plant and Charles (Geronimo 7476) Campbell, will be performing in a Charity Gig for MacMillan Cancer Support, on May 15th (2010) at Congleton Cricket Club, doors open 7.30pm. We will be playing some Shadows tunes, as well as lots of other songs from the late 50s, 60s, 70s, and later. For tickets (£5.00) send me a PM.
Paulps

Return to Register Your Band Name