Here we are then!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Here we are then!

Postby Paulps » Thu May 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Following Ken (telegraph road) Toft's decision to suspend, or possibly close, the Cheshire Guitar Club, I now feel sufficiently recovered from my recent little problem, to offer a new club to all the previous members, and anyone else who wishes to come along.
It will be held at MOSSLEY VILLAGE HALL, LEEK ROAD, CONGLETON, CW12 3HX and will be called
"THE CONGLETON GUITAR CLUB".
The first meeting will be held on July 17th, 2010
2.00pm til 5.00pm.

Subsequent meetings will be:
September 11th,
October 30th,
December 4th.

If all goes well there will be more meetings next year.
Admission will be £4.00 for players & £2.00 for non-players. This price will include light refreshments, ie. tea, coffee, biscuits and cakes.
It is my intention that the format will be as at Derby and North Notts. clubs, ie. 2 numbers per person with BTs, then 2 numbers per person with a "live band". (If time permits, this may be repeated) Players can either select their own band, or play with whoever I can find who knows the tunes they want to play. Obviously if huge numbers of people attend, I may have to limit the number of tunes played.
There will be a PA, Bass amp, and several lead amps available, so please don't bring an amp unless you have been asked to.
I hope to see lots of familiar faces there, and perhaps some not so familiar ones as well.
Any questions, send me a PM, or post it here.
Paulps

Return to Congleton Guitar Club