Kent,s Shadow music Club First meeting

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Kent,s Shadow music Club First meeting

Postby spencer scott » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:49 am

Greetings Everyone.
Well I must say the support was fantastic, you were all on top form. A big thank you to Bob for bringing along his drums, John for bass amp and playing bass, Micky Marv playing rhythm, Steve and Tony.
If we can get the support at our meetings from now on it is going to lead to the success of the club, it had a very relaxed atmostphere. It was good to see Anthony after such a long time, and a special thanks to Chris Hill who came all the way over from Sussex we hope to see you again. Gentlemen! and our ladies I thank you.
Spence.
spencer scott

Re: Kent,s Shadow music Club First meeting

Postby 47guitarman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Spence,
A fantastic night it really was.
Great atmosphere and great playing. Don't think I've seen such a crowd in there before.
Everyone I spoke to enjoyed it and I don't think you need to worry about lack of support in the future!!
A truly memorable inaugural meeting.
Here's to the next one.
Regards, Dave
47guitarman

Full Real Name: Dave Moore

Postby MICKEYMARV » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Well done to everyone who played,I must say I really enjoyed it and thanks Dave for letting me play along side you and the Base player and Bob the drummer,GREAT NIGHT,and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to MICK.Regards MICKEYMARV.
MICKEYMARV

Postby David JM » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:50 pm

I can't believe that I played faultlessly all evening..........I did, didn't I ??

Well done Spence - certainly a great atmosphere. I do hope that the club continues in the same vein.

By the way, while you're in Nashville, could you pick up one or two or those cats...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4p7prURvIk

Have a great time y'all.

David and June
David JM

Postby ivanthurlow » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi Guys

Ivan here from the Runaways!! Hope you all or at least some can make it to Shadowmania '11 with the so so sad loss of Jet i imagine this one will be extra special, certainly the way Bruce does things i can only imagine a fantastic night and we are there again playing for your enjoyment, :) its good not only to play, but to see the other acts after finishing your set.. its nice to watch others work hahah ..Sorry! Any roads just wanted to say hi and keep up the good work at the Shads Kent club.
Best wishes (see you there) Ivan (Drums) :D

spencer scott wrote:Greetings Everyone.
Well I must say the support was fantastic, you were all on top form. A big thank you to Bob for bringing along his drums, John for bass amp and playing bass, Micky Marv playing rhythm, Steve and Tony.
If we can get the support at our meetings from now on it is going to lead to the success of the club, it had a very relaxed atmostphere. It was good to see Anthony after such a long time, and a special thanks to Chris Hill who came all the way over from Sussex we hope to see you again. Gentlemen! and our ladies I thank you.
Spence.
ivanthurlow

Full Real Name: ivan thurlow

Postby spencer scott » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Ivan.
I think you will find good support at Shadowmaina from the kent Shadows music club.
I for one will be looking forward to seeing the Runaways. You guy,s are always welcome to come along
to the club and just relax and enjoy the evening.
Spence.
spencer scott

Postby ivanthurlow » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:04 am

Hi Guys and Gals,

Ivan Here The Runaways drummer. Thanks for your kind invite which I shall pass to the guys! I imagine its going to be an extra special Shadowmania knowing Bruce, in ensuring Jet gets a good tribute, which he well deserves! I remember the first Shadowmania we did 08 when he came out from doing hes sound check through the stage back door, he kindly agreed to take a pic of me n the missus by the lake, then took we one of him of course! He sed if they want me i'll be down the pub, cig in hand and off into the distance.. Loved his dry humour !

Cracking on with the rehearsals now, getting the 'rust' off so we give as best a show as physically possible. I dont know if anyone has seen it, but we are on 'you tube' under Farningham Village Hall we did a ticket do there earlier this year and someone unknowingly filmed some of the tracks so if you wanna have a look, type in the search bar 'the runaways' and or 'farningham village hall' I think theres about six tracks on there :) Enjoy and thanks all.

Regards

Ivan (The noisy one!!!) ivanthurlow

Private message
ivanthurlow

Postby MICKEYMARV » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:50 pm

IVAN, YOU,RE SIMPLY THE BEST,Regards MICKEY. ;)
MICKEYMARV

Postby ivanthurlow » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:22 pm

Hiya Folks,

Seems to been an age since been online here.. I actually forgot my log-in detials and they came to me after! Tut..
Not sure whos going or how you feel about Shadowmania etc.. but we're really looking forward to playing at Shadowfix in the Kingfisher Country Club Wall Heath on Aug 31st. We've all been swatting up for it! :)'
Not sure if everyone knew but we have inserted/employed 'for want of a word' Eric Pole (bass) and Graham Hyde (rhythm) from The Silver Shadows as Kevin and Tim took a step back away November and its working out really well between the four of us..We have 2 theatre slots for 2014 so must be doing something right!!

Hope you can/will be taking a trip up-stream a bit and come see us? think there are still tickets left, be nice if its videoed and or recorded it was mentioned previously, would be good see/hear the new line up on something like youtube for instance..?

Got some fab bands on stage for the event ..I personally wonder which make of kit I will be tapping on? lol.. Typical drummer you may say, ah well.. 'Live by the sword' etc etc..(Maybe I should have said 'by the sticks')

Best wishes .. Keep it live!! :)

Ivan (The Runaways.. Drums and Lead Vocals) Oh, Still holding you to the Shads Club night invite folks!! ;)
ivanthurlow

Return to Kent Shadows Music Club & Other Guitar Heroes