Latest development from me.......

Anything to do with eTap2HW

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Latest development from me.......

Postby ecca » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:28 am

I have one more PCB enroute from China at the moment that combines the 2 PCBs that I did a couple of months back that should make everything just about as neat as I can. There will be this master PCB to the right of the enclosure which mounts using the 3 potentiometers and 2 screws to the rear on spacers. Under this hangs the Arduino and on top fits the FV1 module.
This connects with the LCD board using the 8 way IDC connector lead.

The current bane of my life is the front nameplate. The local place I've been using seem to have got ridiculously expensive and are currently quoting me me £37 for them which is out of the question. The other place I have used which is known to my pals in Northern Ireland don't seem to be very responsive to my emails so I'm never quite sure what's going on although their prices are much more reasonable.

I'm currently looking at vinyl labels and would appreciate any advice on this.
ecca

Vinyl Labels

Postby abstamaria » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:55 am

I am not sure if you meant the label makers available at office-supply stores, Eric. I have used those for some years in my workshop. The new ones are very good. You can choose fonts and font sizes, colors, clear or transparent tape, and so forth. They have white or black letters on transparent tape, for instance, as shown on my tool drawers below.

L1000269.JPG
(650.46 KiB) Downloaded 14251 times

I have used the new labels outdoor. The labelmakers and labels made by Brother are very good.

They may not look as professional as the etched panels I think you are considering, as the labels are flat and the tape outline may be evident when viewed at an angle.

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Postby ecca » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:37 am

Hi Andy, I actually have four Dymo tape printers, all with different colour tapes.
What I mean is a professional front panel.
ecca

Postby abstamaria » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:59 am

Ah, ok. I misunderstood what you meant by "vinyl labels." Yes, you will need a professional front panel. Regards,

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Postby David Martin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:52 pm

ecca wrote:I've made another PCB for the eTap unit.
It interfaces the LCD display to the Arduino and FV1 module.
I've made this PCB the same width as the display itself by putting the components on one side and the LCD and switches on the other so it will go into my
normal enclosures that I use for the valve Eccamatics.
There is a contrast adjustment and a terminal block for midi connection if wanted.
There are 2 centre biased switches that do the up/down, left/right functions . ( less holes to drill ) and a button to store.
Connection is via an 8 way PCB connection suitable for IDC connection. This marries up nicely with the pcb I made a couple of months back.
The LCD itself plugs in and can swapped for a RGB colour type if wished.

https://app.box.com/s/02hwst9b7ioz669q2hcq
https://app.box.com/s/pqj83k1cnvexj7eg2r3d

Splendid work Ecca . A work of art even...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby ecca » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25 pm

Here's another, and hopefully the last of the new PCBs for the Auto eTaps.
This houses the FV1 module and also the Arduino and power for the valve preamp.
(The Arduino hangs underneath )
Just waiting on nameplates now..........

Top view
https://app.box.com/s/46qvbb6sqvsxomand18r
Side view
https://app.box.com/s/yg7u184z4nn51w7anwj6
Bottom view
https://app.box.com/s/m0d7gjo722y7f0ohhbt2
This last picture is with the FV1 module unplugged.
https://app.box.com/s/q1ua5fdnoiiboz3fnq4j
ecca

Postby Strummer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:11 pm

ecca,

Very, very neat, and extremely impressive my friend, don't forget as soon as you are ready i will have the automated eTap2hw valve.

Kind regards

Strummer/Arthur
Strummer

Postby ecca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:40 pm

It worsens.
Everything is up and running great. The new PCBs all work well together, no problems, auto eTap works fine.
But this blinkin nameplate business is driving me round the bend.
I bought software (£40 ! ) to do the design, great piece of kit, will export the files in HPGL format used by any plotter or engraving machine.
I get prices on having them made and no-one has the slightest interest in HPGL files, they want .dwg, PDF, or other such files that I don't have.
I ordered some nameplates at the start of last week and chased them up last night. They hadn't started them; "they'd been very busy". Today has been spent converting the files into various
other files without success. The place closes down on Friday for 2 weeks holiday so I'm no further forward than I was last week.
I would have thought that it was in the interests of these companies to be able to read virtually any type of file.
Perhaps that's too easy.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ecca

Postby Derek Misselbrook » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:49 pm

"HANG EM" :D
Derek W Misselbrook.
Derek Misselbrook

Full Real Name: Derek Misselbrook

Postby ecca » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:19 am

Too right Spuddie !