ecca

Anything to do with eTap2HW

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

ecca

Postby Strummer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Eric,

Many thanks, everything working OK. Thank you for your hard work in making it "happen". Much obliged to you.

Kindest wishes

Arthur/Strummer
Strummer

Re: ecca

Postby ecca » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Thank goodness for that !
ecca

Postby Strummer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:00 am

"Amen!" to that comment Eric.

Again thank you.
Strummer

Postby AlanMcKillop » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:50 pm

What was the issue?
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Strummer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:50 pm

AlanMcKillop wrote:What was the issue?

Dead set! Ask Eric, he'll probably tell you what the techy bit was.AC30 CC2 tuned in to it for THAT sound. I was wondering, do I need an EQ?

Thanks

Arthur/Strummer
Strummer

Postby dave robinson » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:00 pm

I got a great sound out of a Vox CC2 a few years ago, it belonged to our then rhythm guitarist but I no longer have access to it as he was replaced. What I do remember is that it wasn't difficult to achieve THE sound. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby ecca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:01 pm

The issue in all probability was the incorrect power supplies...... the whole innards were exchanged for new.
ecca

Postby Strummer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:30 pm

dave robinson wrote:I got a great sound out of a Vox CC2 a few years ago, it belonged to our then rhythm guitarist but I no longer have access to it as he was replaced. What I do remember is that it wasn't difficult to achieve THE sound. :)

Oh, thanks Dave, that really helps? Lol! If you can find out anything I would be most obliged?
Strummer

Postby dave robinson » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Sorry Arthur, you need to put some time in. Some good advice though, if you are a home player you just won't get satisfaction from any AC30, you will never be able to drive it hard enough to reach it's potential - without blowing the windows out ! Buy an AC-4, I practice with one and it would be harder NOT to get the sound. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Strummer » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:51 pm

dave robinson wrote:Sorry Arthur, you need to put some time in. Some good advice though, if you are a home player you just won't get satisfaction from any AC30, you will never be able to drive it hard enough to reach it's potential - without blowing the windows out ! Buy an AC-4, I practice with one and it would be harder NOT to get the sound. :)

Thanks Dave, most kind of you re the advice. I do have a couple of VOX AD30 VTs? Would they be able to ""get it"?
Strummer

Next

Return to eTap2HW Forum