Halo additional programming to eTaps.....

Anything to do with eTap2HW

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Halo additional programming to eTaps.....

Postby ecca » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:33 pm

I've re-programmed the SKRM module within the eTap so as to increase the halo effect as per Piet's latest modification.......
Not tried it yet....... watch this space.
ecca

Re: Halo additional programming to eTaps.....

Postby dave robinson » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:19 am

Great news, I for one am particularly interested in this, given the excellent results I achieved with the eTap2 demos a couple of years ago. This could be the breakthrough we've been waiting for. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby keithmantle » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:20 am

Book me for the mod Ecc.
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby scmitche » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:10 pm

dave robinson wrote:Great news, I for one am particularly interested in this, given the excellent results I achieved with the eTap2 demos a couple of years ago. This could be the breakthrough we've been waiting for. :)

Hi Dave,
I think you'll like the latest iteration of the Halo addition that Piet has created. He sent out a 1st version which was deliberately "over the top" so we would understand what he was trying to add. The latest version has a reduced and, I think, correct amount of Halo, which to my ears sounds exceptional.

Hope you like it when it finally gets to you.

Regards,
Steve
scmitche

Full Real Name: Steve Mitchell

Postby dave robinson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm really looking forward to it Steve. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:27 pm

The modified chip arrived safely this morning and does sound good. I compared it with the work I'd done on the Zoom machines and it's almost identical. I doubt anyone would hear the difference in an A//B test. Tomorrow I will record Happy Birthday (as people perceive this to be the acid test) and it post for your opinion. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby RogerF » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Excuse me butting in guys but does anybody know about future availability of the eTap? I tried to order one from the Stanley F-X website this evening and get the message that the unit is sold out - the Goldmine too. The O/D is available though.

Kind regards
Roger
RogerF

Full Real Name: Roger Fairhurst

Postby Twang46 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:12 am

RogerF wrote:Excuse me butting in guys but does anybody know about future availability of the eTap? I tried to order one from the Stanley F-X website this evening and get the message that the unit is sold out - the Goldmine too. The O/D is available though.

Kind regards
Roger

Hi Roger

No problems with the supply from StanleyFX, he is a "one man business" & sometimes he is temporarily out of stock of certain pedals.

If you use the "contact" form on his site he will be able to give you the delivery situation

http://www.stanleyfx.co.uk/contact.html

Cheers

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby ecca » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:04 am

He's not the only one to be making eTaps.......
ecca

Postby scmitche » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Everyone so far who has tried Piet's latest Halo modification is delighted with the sound. Several of us now have the necessary programmers to change the Etap2 firmware.

Piet has modified the motherboard as well to improve bandwidth and reduce noise and most importantly to allow easier optimisation of the FET bias to Echotapper/Dimitri Danyuk specification, which gives more triode-like harmonics. This setup is a little different from the standard Run-off-Groove bias and has a much smoother sound.

Also, don't forget the superb Philip Hawthorne Automation addition available for the Etap2HW, which allows both fixed and user "live" editable presets with MIDI control if you so wish.

There are other developments in the pipeline including a new 4-FET preamplifier design with both Drive and input/output Level controls and computer automation all on the same PCB. This preamplifier will easily accommodate pickup types from Strat single coil to hot humbucker. Details will follow when the first production PCBs have been assessed for quality and any necessary troubleshooting carried out.

There are Etaps successfully built by people as far away as New Zealand and Australia with "hand holding" help provided by Piet and others here in the UK, myself included, so don't be put off if you fancy building one but find it a little daunting at first sight.

Regards,
Steve Mitchell
scmitche

Full Real Name: Steve Mitchell

Next

Return to eTap2HW Forum