Did we miss anything?

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Did we miss anything?

Postby Echotapper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:41 am

RayL wrote:Dave and Ecca

Thanks for the suggestion , but I think we've been round this loop before. The Magicstomp lacks XLRs, but it also lacks balanced inputs and outputs and separate wet and dry outputs. It is a guitar foot pedal rather than a piece of kit intended for interfacing with mixers and other studio gear. I don't have knowledge of the programming side because I don't have the necessary CD (and it's not in the handbook) but does it really have six separate digital processor modules in parallel, each capable of being programmed as a single signal repeat over the range of (say) 5 milliseconds - 5 seconds with individual level, feedback and on/off?

Ray

The main problem, possible not visible to the user, is the fact that dB's are adding up to points of distortion without notice e.a. Te dB's from equal sources are adding differently then dB's from different ( read delayed) sources so its a circus act to keep the 'animal' under control by the users. The advantage of a preprogrammed unit is the fact that those limitations are taken into account so taking this burden away from the user. For a possible candidate I suggest to have a look at the PSP608 who is capable handling 8 heads at once. See: http://www.echotapper.nl/wp/?page_id=836

Piet
Echotapper

Re: Did we miss anything?

Postby ecca » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:00 pm

No.
It has 8.
ecca

Previous

Return to Other stuff...