Patch Editor/Librarian

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Patch Editor/Librarian

Postby GuitarPhil » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi fellow EchoTappers :D

For those of you who have been using the automation hardware and software for the eTap2hw that has been designed in conjunction with Piet Verbruggen, Steve Mitchell and Johan Forrer, I have written a Patch Editor/Librarian program that, hopefully will work on Windows, Mac and even Linux machines.

So what's a Patch Editor/Librarian I hear you ask?

I have written it in response to a number of requests from users of the automation code to enable them to back-up and re-arrange their User Patches, for example to create personal set lists. The current version allows patches to be transferred to and from the eTap2hw via the USB connector on the Arduino Uno that is running the automation (Firmware Version 3.20 or later required to work with the Librarian software), and it also allows the patches to be saved to and loaded from disc. Patches can also be re-ordered, for example if you need to create set-lists for gigs, making it easier to group the patches together and put them in the best order for the tunes in the set-list.

In it’s Editor role the software allows patches to be renamed and fully edited, for example, by changing the echo model and adjusting the echo parameters. It simulates the three main knobs on the ‘real’ eTap2hw control panel. It takes just a few seconds to transfer the updated patch to the eTap2hw so you can hear how it sounds.

The Librarian has been tested on Windows XP but I'm hoping some of you will be able to test the Mac OSX and maybe even the Linux versions and report back any errors or, hopefully, successful operation :o

To download the Librarian software and User Guide and for the latest Automation firmware for your eTap2hw, please visit my EchoTapper blog

http://echotapper.wordpress.com/

Phil.
GuitarPhil

Full Real Name: Philip Hawthorne

Return to Other stuff...