NORTH WILTS SHADOWS CLUB

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, dogbender

NORTH WILTS SHADOWS CLUB

Postby dogbender » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:49 am

Re: The Newbury Shadows Guitar Club

Just a reminder that the first club night of what is now the North Wilts Shadows Club will be this coming Monday 7th October from around 7.30pm to 10.30pm and will then be on the first Monday of each month at:

Hook Village Hall.
Hook,
SN4 8EA

Directions: Exit junction 16 on M4 and take the A3102 towards Royal Wootton Bassett. At the 2nd roundabout, take the 3rd exit to Hook/Purton. The hall is the last building on the left in Hook, opposite Hook Street and has tons of free parking.

Jackie, Chris Wilson and myself would be really pleased to see you with your guitars and backing tracks and as before, its £5 to play, £2 to listen and with refreshments provided.

Come and join us if you can,

Pete.
dogbender

Full Real Name: Peter Gillies

Re: NORTH WILTS SHADOWS CLUB

Postby Telecasterboy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi there

Just found out about you (from an ad in Kempster's Swindon). I hope to bring a few mates to listen on Nov 4th (all about availability/other commitments). What food and drink facilities are available at the club or should we/can we bring our own? No no no, not to get tanked up, but I do think Shads and a pint do go well together. If not - coffee and bikkies?

Cheers

Dave Moloney
Telecasterboy

Re: NORTH WILTS SHADOWS CLUB

Postby Telecasterboy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Pete

Most enjoyable evening Monday. As our first time at any Shadows Club, we were not at all prepared but you all indulged us as we did some simple non-Shads stuff (sacrilege) we could remember by heart. Next time (December) we will come prepared with Russell singing some Cliff Numbers (I'll play along to most of these) and I'll have seen if I can learn a few Shadows songs too. You experienced players seem to choose the "less obvious" Shads songs I notice - well, as a newbie I'll go for the obvious. Might be a big mistake but gotta start somewhere. We will bring backing tracks on CD and my own guitar. I will put any vocal harmonies that are required for the Cliff songs on the CD so we do not need to change your setup except to change the reverb settings occasionally. Keep it simple.

We'll try to get our banjo friend Ian to come as he now has an electric guitar and is learning - you've guessed it, the Shadows. Trouble is he runs the darts on Mondays, but there will be days when it is not on.

Can I just add many thanks first to you and Jackie and Chris for putting this on (playing a proper Strat through an all-valve AC30 is such a thrill) and to the other players and supporters - all most inspirational.

I tried both cakes - too close to call as to which I liked the best.

You now have our email addresses, if my writing is a bit poor, please respond through this portal.

Cheers and thanks again

Dave
Telecasterboy

Return to North Wilts Shadows Club