VOX VT40 MODELLING COMBO..

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

VOX VT40 MODELLING COMBO..

Postby Vincent » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:14 am

Has anyone used or owned a Vox VT 40 modelling amp? they do a 20 and 30 watt unit as well. Do the amp tones sound authentic? Is it easy to get on with? it still uses the valve reactor circuit plus builtin effects. the 40 is around £230. I believe prices have risen recently :geek:
Vincent

Full Real Name: vincent ludovico

Re: VOX VT40 MODELLING COMBO..

Postby Stu's Dad » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:27 pm

I've got a VT20+, and I think the amp tones are excellent, especially the AC30 Heritage. The prices have changed, but so have the models, it's the VX series now.

Len
Stu's Dad

Full Real Name: Leonard Evans

Postby TimRyland » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:19 pm

+1 for the Vox VT20+. It's got to be the best amp I've ever had. Does everything really well from ultra clean to mega distortion. Controls can take a bit of getting used to.

I would assume the new VX line would be just as good.

Tim.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby Alexis Lambert » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:51 am

I have the VT40, It's great, can wind it up to 60 watts but too big for my bedroom so I've stored it & got a Vox minicube. I have a ZOOM G2 but when i've plugged it in I get alot of background buzzing.
Alexis Lambert

Postby chaddman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:16 pm

I have owned the VT80+ for a couple of years now and the AC30 setting is great.I set the gain between 10 and 11 o`clock and set the tone controls to halfway,it sounds great with a ZOOM G3X for echoes. :D
chaddman

Full Real Name: Phil Holmes

Re: VOX VT40 MODELLING COMBO..and VX

Postby Vincent » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:10 am

[color=#FF0000]The newer VX series can be plugged into a computer for recording, but overall have a lower spec than the VT series ,smaller speakers and from what I can see, has no valve. I dont think they are a replacement for the VT-hope not anyway....[/color]
Vincent

Postby Vincent » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:21 pm

TimRyland wrote:+1 for the Vox VT20+. It's got to be the best amp I've ever had. Does everything really well from ultra clean to mega distortion. Controls can take a bit of getting used to.

I would assume the new VX line would be just as good.

Tim.
as i mentioned elsewhere, the VX has a lower spec and does not look to use a valve circuit..like Roland amps
Vincent

Postby Clarry » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 pm

chaddman wrote:I have owned the VT80+ for a couple of years now and the AC30 setting is great.I set the gain between 10 and 11 o`clock and set the tone controls to halfway,it sounds great with a ZOOM G3X for echoes. :D

A +1 for the VT80+, both AC15 and AC30 sound great. Can play it at bedroom volumes and good enough for pub/small club gigs.

I'm using the "Cali Clean" model a lot at the moment for some surf sounds. I don't use the on-board effects at all.
Clarry

Full Real Name: Clarry McDonald

Postby Pat Seaman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:06 pm

There is another Vox model range that seems to have been largely ignored, comprised of AV15, AV30 AND AV60.
I've had an AV30 for the past year or so, as a replacement for my lovely AC15, which was getting just too heavy for my old bones.
It is a very versatile, all analogue 2 channel amp, which weighs about 12kg, half the weight of an AC15.
Might be worth a look as an alternative to the VX series. It's also got 2 valves, one in the preamp and one in the power amp.
It also has a separate power control, which makes it ideal as a practice and gigging amp.
You can check the specification in the Vox website.
Pat.
Pat Seaman

Return to Gear