Reverb

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Reverb

Postby cockroach » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 am

Didier wrote:An interesting article about the recording of "Move it" in Abbey Road : https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... rd-move-it

Didier

Thanks for posting Didier! :D

Very interesting!
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 pm

cockroach wrote:
Didier wrote:An interesting article about the recording of "Move it" in Abbey Road : https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... rd-move-it

Didier

Thanks for posting Didier! :D

Very interesting!

Yes, absolutely fascinating (and this from someone who doesn't even like rock and roll!).

It also carries an important lesson that many on here are yet to learn: don't get all anorakky about the gear - just get in and get on with it!
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby Tigerdaisy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:08 pm

I had the EFTP software loaded onto an old Zoom G3 of mine some time ago and I found them way too 'wet' for my liking almost like they were delay combined with reverb- I say this because the EFTP patches sounded nothing like straight delay combinations- they sound much more like delay combined with reverb similar to the sound I can get currently if I combine delay and reverb on ordinary Boss fx equipment or even a Roland cube amp that has these independent effects. Certainly playing with just delay you have a much more 'empty' sound than if you add some reverb which tends to produce a more fuller sound that can stand more easily on its own.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby Terry B » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 pm

I had occasion to use a Zoom G3 and I also found the patches had far too much "wet" echo as you describe. Currently I'm using Zoom RFX2200 with EFTP and have also had too not only reduce the volume of the "wet" output but also take some of the treble off the repeats too as I found them too bright. Taking some treble off gave them more of the "tape" echo sound. I'm happy with the sound I get now through my newly acquired AC30C2X using the RFX2200 and the Vox's send & return sockets. I can add reverb to the echo if I want ot by using the Vox footswitch to switch the Vox's reverb on. It does sound quite good using the reverb with the Zoom for Apache.
Terry B
Terry B

Full Real Name: Terry Broughton

Postby Derek Mowbray » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:14 pm

On the subject of reverb and echo checkout a documentary called Walking Britain`s Lost Railways broadcast 28/09/2018 9pm in the Thurgoland tunnel near Sheffield ,at 13.50 mins and 16.36 to hear the reverb and echo effects .My avatar picture was taken in there a few years ago.
Derek Mowbray

Full Real Name: Derek Mowbray

Previous

Return to Gear