Fender Japan Stratocaster trem thread size

Hints and tips on getting the sound you want. Includes anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; playing techniques; also amps, effects units, recording equipment and any other musical accessories.

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, JimN, George Geddes

Fender Japan Stratocaster trem thread size

Postby mart77 » 20 Oct 2018, 11:29

Hi,
Just bought a secondhand 2016 Fender FSR Japan Stratocaster in Fiesta Red with Rosewood Board and the term arm is missing, anyone know the thread size?
Thanks
Martin
mart77

Re: Fender Japan Stratocaster trem thread size

Postby JimN » 20 Oct 2018, 11:48

Japanese Fenders and copies tend to use a 5mm thread on the tremolo arm. 5mm trem arms are readily available at all the usual sources.
JimN

Postby RUSSET » 20 Oct 2018, 20:29

Hi Mart,
I bought one of those about two years ago. Great guitars; one of the best I have got. I believe the Japs use the Gotoh vintage trem/bridge.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby Uncle Fiesta » 21 Oct 2018, 09:35

I agree with Tony. I had a Sonic Blue ST62 for nearly 20 years; only sold it the year before last, which I regret as it's the best guitar I've ever had! Now have a Shell Pink ST54 which is almost as good.

Couple of years ago I had, quite briefly, an ST71. I sold that back to the original owner who spotted it on eBay and recognized the grain pattern in the photographs!
Uncle Fiesta

Return to Guitars and Gear