Kemper Amp - THE SIGNATURE DELAY PATTERNS OF HANK MARVIN

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Kemper Amp - THE SIGNATURE DELAY PATTERNS OF HANK MARVIN

Postby PCB » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:49 pm

On 2 November 2018 in the Kemper Amp Private forum under Free Rigs and Profiles.
I have created 13 essential patterns based on Echotappper data.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index ... e-shadows/

Unfortunately this area of the Kemper Forum is for registered Kemper owners only, but I believe the Kemper can give you all the amp tones and multi tap echoes you need.

Here is what I said in my Kemper post:

I have just uploaded 13 serial delay patterns to the rig Exchange.
These seek to re-create the sounds of 5 vintage echo machines in various head, tape speed and volume combinations to give a total of 13 patterns that underpin the Hank Marvin echo signatures.
I have used the Kemper “Ace Thirty” profile which, of course is not my work, but necessary to demonstrate the delay patterns. May CK forgive me!
I have attached a .pdf information file which I would ask you to read before using these delays. You will find the profile names there and you can download them from the rig exchange if they are of interest.

Shadows Delay Patterns.pdf

A table of Shadows tracks is included, which shows mix and feedback settings to get the best sound for any given track.
I hope you enjoy trying these patterns whether you are Shadows fans or not.

I have attached a copy of my .pdf which may be of interest if you are thinking about trying a Kemper Amp to produce "The Hank Marvin Sound"

Shadows Delay Patterns.pdf
(325.93 KiB) Downloaded 1044 times

Cheers
Paul
PCB

Re: Kemper Amp - THE SIGNATURE DELAY PATTERNS OF HANK MARVIN

Postby Hank2k » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:10 am

Hi Paul

Thanks for sharing these. I have just borrowed a friends Kemper with view to buying one and was intrigued to try out your settings. They are certainly very good and with some fiddling with the amp settings on the kemper i am able to get a sound very reminiscent of my existing Zoom G3x and Katana or Vox Ac30 head sounds. Will be trying it out next week through a proper cab in a gig situation so will be interesting to see if it can do the same live.

Regards

Steve
Hank2k

Postby Santoinetwo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Oh think I will Have to try these out for myself ! As a vivid and happy Kemper user I can vouch they are an amazing piece of kit.
Santoinetwo

Full Real Name: Anthony Richard Spendlove

Postby Santoinetwo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Well ok tried these out at home and just can’t see that I would use them live. Honestly prefer my Hall & Collins unit.
Santoinetwo

Full Real Name: Anthony Richard Spendlove

Return to Gear