revalation

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

revalation

Postby ovation553 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:54 am

hi again
Looking at the revelation sleepwalk guitar this indeed looks very nice fiesta red maple neck and alan entwissle single coils has anyone tried out this guitar.Theres one or two reviews on you tube but that's about it. For the price £249/£299
looks good.... Any revelation sleepwalk owners out there it wouls be nice to have your opinion
best regards charlie
ovation553

Full Real Name: charlie wilson

Re: revalation

Postby RayL » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:16 am

As a general comment on Revelation instruments, they are very well made. I've had my Revelation 4-string bass viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12080 for over four years now and as a regular gigging instrument it looks good and hasn't let me down. The same goes for the original Alden range (also designed by Alan Entwhistle) so the Sleepwalk should be fine.
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:05 am

I agree with Ray, these guitars are good value and Alan Entwistle has some good stuff associated with him.
I have just noticed there’s a ‘B’ stock Sleepwalk model for sale on eBay £180.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Ian Miller » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:49 am

Yes Dave, I saw that too on Ebay. I would buy it now but the pension won’t run to it at the moment. For me, the other contender would be the Harley Benton ST-59HM at about a £100 cheaper. The two things against it for me is the skinny trem block and the yellow neck colour. It certainly gets good reviews everywhere!

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby Ian Miller » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:56 am

Here’s a review of th HB ST-59HM by Steve Reynolds: https://youtu.be/qAC80UvLRIM

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Those videos on youtube are pointless.
I want to hear the bloody thing being played, not watch somebody unwrap it. :roll:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby bor64 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi Charlie,

I've a Revelation RJVT Jazzmaster type guitar...very good build, versatile great sound and a great playing guitar.
I fancy a Revelation RTE Custom .... so a good change one sample ends up in my collection soon...
They are good enough for Martin Cilia, he has his own signature model... kinda RJVT but with 3 P 90's and in kinda fiesta red.

Cheers Rob
"afterwards everyone is clairvoyant"
bor64

Full Real Name: Rob Aartsen

Postby ovation553 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:45 pm

hi thanks to all replies
im pretty close to pulling the trigger on this one the reviews sound good ...by the way the one on evil bay has two nasty laquer cracks one each side of neck pocket could be good could be baaaad... thanks to all replies
best regards charlie
ovation553

Full Real Name: charlie wilson

Postby Hank2k » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:01 pm

having owned the revelation and the harley benton they were both ok, needed a proper set up though. I had issues on the harley benton with sharp fret ended and on the revelation i didn't like the plastic tuners. Both sounded good and for the price they were good. If you can get one then go for a squier classic vibe instead, they are better guitars at a similar price range
Hank2k

Postby dave robinson » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:49 pm

The Squier Classic Vibe is a very good guitar, I’ve had their Strat, Jaguar, Bass VI and Telecaster and all were excellent, but the Tele is the only one I kept, probably because my ‘go to’ guitars were always my Fender or G&L Strats , though I now have the Warmouth/Fender Custom Shop partscaster and of course the amazingly cheap SX Strats that match the Classic Vibes in every way at half the price. If you can live with the SX headstock instead of the traditional Fender one, you get the same quality instrument for half the price. I’ve played both my SX guitars all week comparing all the time with all my other Strats’ and I’m struggling to find a difference in playability or sound. OK some of the hardware isn’t of the same quality, but it works fine and doesn’t impair the performance of the tuning or tremolo action. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Next

Return to Gear