mij strat

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: The 'Biffy Strat'

Postby RUSSET » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Here's a video from 2009 showing an interview with the Biffy boys & a Fender Representative describing the new Squier Simon Neil Strat just before it's release, & talking about it's special features inc. the custom pickups for the model :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... I56pWRpHeU

Tony.
RUSSET

Re: mij strat

Postby roger bayliss » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:05 pm

https://tidywords.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/tonerider-pickups-vs-squier-classic-vibe-pickups/

The above article throws light on the pickups in the CV series

Basically 50s CV are Surfaris, 60s CV are Classic Blues and signature are Vintage Classic. They do not have cloth wiring like the Tonerider standard range but are tonally the same.

I have a set of Classic Blues in a home built strat which I like a lot particularly the bridge pu.

HTH
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Re: mij strat

Postby bor64 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Like I wrote before...Tonerider doesn't make pu's at all.
They just ordered some pu's with some spec's from the catalogue of a large OEM company and that company does the packaging as well.
Fender/Squier did the same and these pu's are just shipped to the factory to get mounted in the guitars...
Tonerider doesn't have to acknowledge or deny anything, because the pu's in a CV Squier never where or never have been Toneriderpu's to start with.
Just build in the same OEM factory on the same production line!
I handled a few dozens of CV on my bench and just 3 guitars had the TRS sticker and all 3 were early CV's. So I presume the TRS stickers are put on by mistake...

Cheers Rob
"afterwards everyone is clairvoyant"
bor64

Full Real Name: Rob Aartsen

Previous

Return to Gear