SONIC AND FIESTA

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

SONIC AND FIESTA

Postby eventrygve » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi all! It´s not easy to find a nice and good Fiesta Red Stratocaster with rosewood fingerboard. Except from the Custom Shop! That´s why I took my Sonic Blue Classic Player 60`to the Norwegian Guitardoctor Oivind Fjeld. I could chose between two Fiesta Red colours. I think I picked the right one. What do you think?
Attachments
fiesta.JPG
fiesta.JPG (28.98 KiB) Viewed 7847 times
eventrygve

Full Real Name: Even Trygve Hansen

Re: SONIC AND FIESTA

Postby Stu's Dad » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:38 pm

I don't know if it's the right one, but it looks good and I like it.
Stu's Dad

Full Real Name: Leonard Evans

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:08 am

Looks good to me too!

But what was the difference between that and the other colour you were offered?
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby RUSSET » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 am

Hi Even,
Last year I bought a F.Red Strat with Rosewood fingerboard for £500 brand new. It was the Fender Japan model & is one of the best made, comfortable, lightweight Strats I have ever owned. As the F.Red shade seems to vary with every new model, I'm not sure if you would like it. But, under spotlights it certainly looks good to me. I have never had a problem with a Jap made Strat.

Tony.
Last edited by RUSSET on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSSET

Postby eventrygve » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Tony! I´m sure you have a very nice FR Strat. I just think the japanese fiesta red is rather dull in colour. To pale. The one I have, is for me, much stronger and brighter. But, as we alle know, there are "hundreds" of different fiesta red colours..... All the best from EvenT
eventrygve

Full Real Name: Even Trygve Hansen

Postby Martyn » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:25 pm

eventrygve wrote:Hi Tony! I´m sure you have a very nice FR Strat. I just think the japanese fiesta red is rather dull in colour. To pale. The one I have, is for me, much stronger and brighter. But, as we alle know, there are "hundreds" of different fiesta red colours..... All the best from EvenT

Hi Even,
If your avatar's image is colour correct, I'd say that was exactly the same as my 1958 strat I owned back in 1967 - or at least as far as my memory goes . . .
Martyn
Martyn

Full Real Name: Martyn Welch

Postby RUSSET » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:54 am

I've just had a closer look at your photo of your new Red Strat, Even. It appears to have the two-post Trem bridge. That would make it a new Mex 'Player' series guitar. Therefore, the colour is called 'Sonic Red' by Fender. It does appear to be another variant on our old favourite, Fiesta Red, though. It looks very nice.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby Olsson » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:47 am

Hi Even
Do You know what color it is in NCS code?
/Bertil
Olsson

Full Real Name: Bertil Olsson

Postby RUSSET » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Even,
Having looked again, & read your first post properly, I see that it is your old '60s Classic Player that you have had repainted in F. Red. :roll: Silly me. I should have realised that the new 'Player' Strat has the truss rod access at the headstock. It's still a great guitar.

Tony.
RUSSET

Return to Gear