boss katana 100 mk1

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: boss katana 100 mk1

Postby dave robinson » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:34 pm

The Katana is a great piece of kit if you get it hooked up to the Boss Tone Centre on your computer. I was able to programme very accurate Vox amp tones and very acceptable Shadows echoes using it. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby ovation553 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:01 pm

hi all
sorry for late replys of thanks for advice but been working away...but i think i might have stumbled on my problem...i normally run the amp at full volume as recommended but at half a watt... is it possible i am overdriving the amp at this level as i keep getting a slight distortion when i play loud....today switched to 50 watt setting nothing as with full power(not full volume of course) the sound is very acceptable ...well in my ears any any replies welcome...again thanks to all for advice
best regards charlie
ovation553

Full Real Name: charlie wilson

Postby Gruntfuttock » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:40 am

Hi Charlie. I think running the amp with the master volume at full volume works best. The actual volume level can be adjusted by the volume control on the left and adjusting the gain control to suite.
Dave
Gruntfuttock

Full Real Name: David Michael Redknap

Postby Hank2k » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:06 am

i always use mine on the clean channel on the 50w mode with master volume on full and the channel volume controlling it and it seems to work ok for me
Hank2k

Postby ovation553 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:03 pm

hi steve
thanks for your reply...last night i was messing and i too found the same result... a good shads sound ...on 50watts master full and volume taste on the channel... sorted thanks again steve
regards charlie
ovation553

Full Real Name: charlie wilson

Previous

Return to Gear