Echo pedals and boxes

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Echo pedals and boxes

Postby dave robinson » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:58 pm

I have 32 echo/reverb machines on the MS-100
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby emielvisser48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:16 pm

As I remember well, it is possible to update the units with more features. I never did, as I am satisfied with it and indeed the ms100bt has more features.
emielvisser48

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby dave robinson » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:18 pm

The stock echo effects on the MS-50 are not enough to recreate the tone required to get a similar sound to Meazzi or Binson. That's why I moved it on and upgraded. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby emielvisser » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 am

That is very interesting, which effects do you use for Meazzi and Binson, because in that case I will think of purchasing a MS100
emielvisser

Postby emielvisser » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Can you give me a clue about the Meazzi and Binson sound as I am very interested in the effects to use with a Zoon ms100
emielvisser

Postby Simon Underwood » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Don't know if anybody here has got a Boss ME80, but you can get some fairly convincing Shads echoes out of it, seeing as it's got three available delays on it. I got fed up with carting around a large pedalboard for some gigs, a pair of Quadraverb Plusses in an effects rack (as well as the pedalboard) for Specs Appeal gigs and an old Boss ME6 for pit stuff, so I bought an ME80, which does absolutely everything, and a bargain at around £250. You have to spend a bit of time with it, but once I got my head around the fact that most of the echoes are a bunch of very fast repeats which then go into a longer seperate repeat, it fell into place. The RE301 echoes were probably the most tricky, but I'm quite pleased with the results. I'll post the settings here if anybody's interested.

Simon
Simon Underwood

Full Real Name: Simon Underwood

Postby abstamaria » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:17 am

emielvisser48 wrote:The ms 50 has 25 echo's and reverbs, ms 100 22, according the Zoom information.
I just use the tape echo, which I think is very good.

Quite funny, when I first read that, I thought you meant you gave up having to program all the electronic echoes and decided just to use the Meazzi. Made sense, I thought.

Best wishes in these difficult tones.

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Postby emielvisser » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:48 am

Hi Andy,
I understand what you mean, but I meant that I use the TAPE ECHO effect in the Zoom MS 50 for the delay as there are more types in the unit.
Dave Robinson said that in the MS 100BT are effects that come close to the Meazzi and Binson and I am very curious who those are, that is the reason I asked him.

But at the end you are right, Meazzi is the real thing, but difficult to get one.......

Regards,
Emiel
emielvisser

Postby leddo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:29 am

When Zoom first introduced their MS stomp boxes, the best range of delays etc was in the CDR70. You could buy some of these and load them into the bluetooth 100 model. But when that was dropped by Zoom, probably for sales reasons, they updated the firmware on the surviving MS50 and CDR70, The latest Version 3 firmware on the MS50 has most, if not all, of the delays, reverbs and other effects that were available for the MS100.
leddo

Full Real Name: Phil Lynch

Postby emielvisser » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:49 am

You are wright but I still wonder which effect is the best for Meazzi and Binson simulation.
I think the TAPE ECHO is very good, but are there better options?
emielvisser

PreviousNext

Return to Gear