NUX Tape Core pedal

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

NUX Tape Core pedal

Postby dave robinson » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:36 pm

I hate having to say this, but that NUX Tape Core Pedal has failed me and I'm sending it back. It worked fine for a couple of days but position *5 no longer produced an echo and that's the main one for me.
Looking on the forums there is clearly a software issue with these and it is such a shame because it's a great sounding pedal.
Maybe they will solve it, but until they do it's of no use to me. :|
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Re: NUX Tape Core pedal

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Shame Dave, it is a great pedal , mine I bought last year still ok. Did you do the firmware update ?
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:46 pm

I should have held back, I was so fed up that I investigated and got the computer hooked up, worked out the pathetic explanation of how to update the firmware and managed to rescue it - it's a keeper again, but I'm gonna have to watch the computer side of things. It was OK until I started messing with the editing - lesson learned. :oops:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:38 pm

Ah well sorted , I have had mine best part of a year and okay so far.
roger bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:57 am

I think that many of the issues that have been raised about this pedal on the forums are down to getting the firmware update done. It takes a bit of patience to figure it out because the instructions are ver vague, but I persevered and found out how to do it, then wondered how I could be so thick. The pedal works great now and for what I paid, £39, is a bargain. Bax Shop have them at £42 plus shipping. We live and learn. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby emielvisser » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:28 am

I purchased a NUX Tape Core yesterday and I must say, it's great.
The basic settings are very good, but with help of the Tape Core Editor software the rhythm of each head be changed individually and saved to seven presets,
Of course the original settings are lost but can be reactivated by the reset-button.
As I understood that it's important to first upgrade to the most recent firmware and then play with the TAPE CORE EDITOR.
For the money it's a real bargain.
emielvisser

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby emielvisser » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:40 am

It's a pitty that there is no manual for the Tape Core Editor. I can't find what the button LOAD does, or have I overlooked that?
emielvisser

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:09 am

emielvisser wrote:It's a pitty that there is no manual for the Tape Core Editor. I can't find what the button LOAD does, or have I overlooked that?

The way I understand it is you can save settings to your computer as files and load them in . I do not understand what happens after you disconnect from computer. I wonder if the T Lock switch position recalls the setting ? Only think I can think of . It does say the T Lock keeps your settings so maybe that is what we need to do after disconnect from computer ?
roger bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:02 pm

I've discovered that you can put a different patch onto each of the selections on the pedal and save them, but not sure how to keep them there.
Sometimes they stay on the pedal sometimes they don't, I'm working on it.
The problem is the instructions are very very vague and leave a lot to the imagination. :|
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby emielvisser » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Roger, I think so too but I am not sure.
You can save up to 7 presets. I did so but suddenly they were gone, perhaps I did something wrong.
I loaded the latest firmware again, put the presets again and they are still there.
I think it is wise to make a note of the values off each head,saves a lot of searching if they got lost.
I rolled off the treble to 0 and that gives to my ears a fine sound.
I don' use the switch, I leave it on normal.
emielvisser

Next

Return to Gear