Echo pedals and boxes

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Echo pedals and boxes

Postby dave robinson » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:18 pm

I use the tape echo, Mod Delay and LoFi Delay in conjunction with each other to get the tone of the echo something like. it isn't perfect but it works for me.
That said, I'm using my new Strymon Volante and NUX Tape Core pedals at the moment with great success. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby emielvisser » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:52 am

The Tape Echo and Mod Delay are both standard in the Zoom MS 50G.
The LoFi Delay can be downloaded by the Effect Manager Version 3.1 which gives a choice out of 172 effects.
I noticed that the MS 100BT in out of production.

Regards,
Emiel
emielvisser

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby dave robinson » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:25 am

I found the the LoFi delay gave the character in tone that helped to get the Meazzi simulation.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm enjoying playing with the NUX Tape Core as it's very easy to operate. I have discovered a couple of generic positions that would easily get me through a gig in an emergency and I like it a lot. The attraction is it's tiny size and it's price, I saw that you can buy these new for around £50 (Bax shop) and that represents good value when you consider what you can pay for an echo box. Thus far I have not encountered any of the problems that I have read about on the forums and like I said, the simplicity of use makes it a winner.
i guess that because of the situation in which we find ourselves, I am blessed with time to play with stuff and learn how to use bits of kit that I bought over the years. For instance my Electro Harmonix POG2 which was bought a couple of years back to get a specific sound, but never explored and having time to play with it has opened up an entire pallet of new sounds for me to experiment with and I am toying with what I can use it for.
The same goes for my DigiTech Trio +,which is a band in a box and I have yet to learn how it works. So there you go it's not all gloom and doom, I found plenty to do. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Ian Miller » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:54 am

Hi All,

My go to echo unit these days is the Zoom G1 Four, which I've had since they were first introduced. I think it's a vast improvement over the previous model, the G1on. The G1 Four is very easy to program and operate. It's design lends itself to both pedal and table top operation and the settings as such are easy to adjust on the fly. I programmed mine up using the information on the TVS site. It really does do an excellent job to my ears. Also available is the ToneLib Zoom editor program for PC, which makes it even easier to program with it's easy to understand UI, and it's compatible with many other Zoom pedals as well.
My other echo unit is the TC Electronic D-Two which is excellent also, and you can do up to 10 taps on it! Only thing is for me is that it's a bit of a fag to get it out and setup. as i live in very small flat where everything has to be hidden away!

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby TimRyland » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:22 am

Have to agree with Ian. I’ve also got the Zoom G1Four. As he says, it’s easy to program and sounds excellent. Really for the price you can’t go far wrong.

Tim.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby dave robinson » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:30 am

I haven't had any experience on this pedal, I'll investigate. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:12 am

I had a look at the user guide and the list of effects available and this is a slightly reduced version of my Zoom MS-100 BT and does look a good buy. There are some echo pedals on the MS-100 that the G1 doesn't have, such as the LOW FI echo which I use to get the Meazzi tone (chatter) , but it doesn't matter if you're not trying to achieve that particular nuance. The big plus for me is that the version with the pedal has some useful options over and above what thee MS-100 has, so I may add one of those to my collection.
Can somebody please confirm that it is possible to use several echo pedals linked together on this machine ? :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Hank2k » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm

It looks like it has space for 5 blocks on the front screen if that helps!

I still think the Zoom G3 and G3x are the best units to date, the connectivity and options they have is really good and the newer models all seem to have lost a lot of options including being used as a usb interface.
Hank2k

Postby TimRyland » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:05 pm

You can definitely chain the echo pedals together. If you need any examples have a look at EchoPedalar on YouTube, lots of examples of different echoes using the G1Four.

Tim.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

PreviousNext

Return to Gear