Anthony Pye

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Anthony Pye

Postby old romantic » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:20 pm

Dear all,
It is with deep sadness that with Pauline's wishes I am to bring you the news that her husband Tony has sadly passed away after a short illness. Many of you will know Tony as a member of the East Yorkshire Guitar Club here in Scarborough. Tony played at other clubs and was a man who raised large amounts of money for charities and for the hospital where he received his liver transplants many years ago. Tony was a lovely kind hearted man who enjoyed life, his family, his guitar playing and his fish and chips at Walkers after a guitar meeting! He will be missed by so many. As the current situation limits the numbers attending funerals the family have arranged for the service to be live streamed tomorrow 12th January when the service takes place at 12 noon. The link is here. The service can be seen at the following:
https://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view
Login / order: 62101
Password: xkatftqw
Thank you and stay safe.
Love Linda
old romantic

Full Real Name: linda harper

Re: Anthony Pye

Postby dave robinson » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:48 pm

So sad to hear this news, I met Tony a few times and he was supportive during my cancer treatment. RIP Tony.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Iain Purdon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:40 am

All sympathy to Pauline. Tony, aka newliverman, certainly went through the mill with health problems but I never saw him without a smile on his face. And usually with a strat around his neck. RIP.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby shadocaster1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm

Very sad news about Tony, he was a true gentleman, and he will be sadly missed by us all. Fly safe Tony
shadocaster1

Full Real Name: Kev Scrimshaw

Return to People