EFTP no longer available?

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: EFTP no longer available

Postby noelford » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:28 am

Thanks Dave. With my first GT I contacted Charlie with the serial number and he confirmed that the EFTP was genuine and transferred it to my name. The second one was a reconditioned unit for which the supplier bought the EFTP directly from Charlie on my behalf.
noelford

Postby dave robinson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:56 am

noelford wrote:Thanks Dave. With my first GT I contacted Charlie with the serial number and he confirmed that the EFTP was genuine and transferred it to my name. The second one was a reconditioned unit for which the supplier bought the EFTP directly from Charlie on my behalf.

Hi Noel, I now remember that there are one or two guys out there liscenced by Charlie to install EFTP to Quad GTS'.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby BrianD » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:06 pm

I am pleased to hear support is still available for the EFTP programmed units. I was a bit concerned when this thread initially popped up. I have one of the original Q2 units which I bought direct from Charlie around fifteen years ago. So far it has given 100% reliable service (is that tempting fate!!!!) and I haven't needed to contact Charlie since I bought it. It doesn't get a lot of use these days as I don't gig any more and tend to focus on acoustic playing but it does sound great when, on rare occasions, the Strat comes out and I have a quick blast along to some Shads backings :D

Brian
BrianD

Full Real Name: Brian Dandridge

Postby Allclaphands » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Now this is all over what were the real reasons behind it all because the outcome is EFTP are still available
as be it now from two different sources depending on the unit you have . :?:

Pete
Some people like to ROCK, Some people like to ROLL, What do YOU like to do?
Allclaphands

Full Real Name: Peter Bryan

Postby dave robinson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Allclaphands wrote:Now this is all over what were the real reasons behind it all because the outcome is EFTP are still available
as be it now from two different sources depending on the unit you have . :?:

Pete

Your guess is as good as any, but it isn't any of our business.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby YoungOne49 » Sun May 15, 2022 11:26 pm

Hello,
I understand this thread is old. I am a new owner of a Q20 unit and I woud like to have the EFTP effects but Charlie Hall’s patch is no longer available. I have seen on Ebay there are offer some Eproms, would it be good for me to buy & use?
Sorry for my English.
Many thanks for your advices
YoungOne49

Full Real Name: Mario fairfax

Previous

Return to Gear