Alan Tarney

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Alan Tarney

Postby drakula63 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:21 am

Alan features quite prominently in this new documentary on the making of the a-ha classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlTHJJX7QVU
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Re: Alan Tarney

Postby cockroach » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Alan was always a great musician(bass, guitar and keyboards and vocalist), and as he matured he became a great songwriter, producer and talent..

He and his brother Frank (who sang and played guitar) were British migrants in South Australia in the '60's, and they were part of a great local band which I saw almost every week here in South Australia..Frank played rhythm guitar and sang, Alan played bass...and the lead guitarist was my main local guitar idol and influence..the late great Kevin Peek! I never met Alan personally, but I later met and briefly played in a band with his brother Frank..

Later Kevin and Alan were in another well known band which had some success..then they went to the UK, became session players etc and also members of Cliff's stage band, along with another local UK migrant lad from South Australia who was also the lead guitarist and songwriter for a major Australian band in the '60's...namely Terry Britten..who not only played in Cliff's band but also wrote some of Cliff's hits.

Some very talented blokes around here in Oz back then..they deservedly did well for themselves too when they went to the UK! :)
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Return to People