Kinman Hx pickups

Loads of accumulated experience

Re: Kinman Hx pickups

Postby Strummer » 06 Aug 2012, 11:25

Gentlemen, one and all, I thank you most heartily for your replies and contributions. (Even the "Shame on you!" comment, Lol!)

This chap I was telling you about agreed with me that the Rezo matiks on the Apache are, not to put too fine a point on it, "bloody aweful!" I also own a Marvin and the Rezomatiks on that are fantastic, typical Burns. The Apache's are dreadful!
Hence the upgrade to Kinman's. I am in a real tis was right now and just feel that I would rather walk away from it all than keep going through this torture. I own six guitars, three Burns (Cobra, Apache and Marvin) a Fender Stratocaster in Fiesta Red now upgraded to Gold hardware (Japanese) and a Vintage VSA850 White Electric semi accoustic , and a Tanglewood Memphis Electric Semi accoustic. My amps are two AD30 VT pre amp models and an AC30 CC2 all valve. I also have Piet's eTap2 played into my amps via a Laptop. Plus I own an Alesis Quadraverb GT fitted with EFTP patches by the great Charlie Hall. Yet, to my ears I still cannot seem to get "that sound!" My cousin thinks otherwise. I do not! THAT is my problem! The Holy Grail of HBM I suppose!

I am not joking when I admit I have become very depressed over it. I am normally a very buoyant, happy go lucky type person. However, this is REALLY getting to me I must admit!

Sorry guys, but this is how I feel right now.
Strummer

Postby dave robinson » 06 Aug 2012, 11:31

Where do you live Arthur ?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby David Martin » 06 Aug 2012, 15:12

Don't worry Arthur - we won't send da boys round... but we may well be able to help. PM us... Dave is near Sheffield and I'm near Lincoln... Jim N is in Kent...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby Uncle Fiesta » 06 Aug 2012, 21:37

I was once at a Bootleg Beatles concert when, while clowning around between numbers (as the Beatles often did!) Andre, who plays George, suddenly launched into a perfect rendition of FBI.

He had the sound spot on ... yet he was playing a Gibson SG.
Uncle Fiesta

Postby dave robinson » 06 Aug 2012, 21:53

Uncle Fiesta wrote:I was once at a Bootleg Beatles concert when, while clowning around between numbers (as the Beatles often did!) Andre, who plays George, suddenly launched into a perfect rendition of FBI.

He had the sound spot on ... yet he was playing a Gibson SG.

I'm inspired, I'll get my own SG out for Wednesday nights bash . . . . . . ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby AlanMcKillop » 07 Aug 2012, 07:20

I used to love Ecca's SG spots in his vids and having owned a Les Paul (which I didn't get on with), I thought I'd try and bought an SG Standard which I love. Much easier to play than the LP, more comfortable and the sensitivity of the p/u's is amazing. The higher set the more crunchy they sound, drop them a bit lower and you can play Shads tunes all day long. Following Robbo's post about the Stetsbar tremolo, I bought one and fitted it to the SG. What's this got to do with Kinmans? nothing, just agreeing with UF. :D
AlanMcKillop

Postby Strummer » 07 Aug 2012, 09:03

dave robinson wrote:Where do you live Arthur ?

Hertfordshire!! Bit of a way from all those up Norf and way down South, Lol! Smack in the middle! :lol:

** Alan thanks for the info about the SG (In strict Lundun talk, "Aint got one!". Lol!
Strummer

Postby bor64 » 07 Aug 2012, 10:29

It wasn't a Gretsch...it was an SG ;)

Watta Misstaka Da Maka,You beeeoutiiiiifullll Layyyyyyddieeeeee :D
You stupid boy!! :(
Lovely boy ,look those muscles just like his dad....we go to the jungle now??? :mrgreen:

"allo 'allo
dad's army
ain't half hot mum

Best commedy ever ....just like the Gretsch story ;)

Tin hat in place
bor64

Postby dave robinson » 07 Aug 2012, 11:51

bor64 wrote:It wasn't a Gretsch...it was an SG ;)

Watta Misstaka Da Maka,You beeeoutiiiiifullll Layyyyyyddieeeeee :D
You stupid boy!! :(
Lovely boy ,look those muscles just like his dad....we go to the jungle now??? :mrgreen:

"allo 'allo
dad's army
ain't half hot mum

Best commedy ever ....just like the Gretsch story ;)

Tin hat in place

Are you OK Rob . . . . . . ? :?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby bor64 » 07 Aug 2012, 13:24

No worries Dave :mrgreen:
Just a tongue in cheek remark about those fairytail Gretsch urban legend ;)
Now all of a sudden the SG is in the sptlight....regarding that sound...errrrr

My quotes from the best comedies ever,was just a small bridge to get the attention towards the Gretsch story from way back...

I forgot one....Don't mention the war...he's from Barcelona..... Fawlty Towers priceless :lol:
bor64

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"